UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

tidewater fishtank rescue

Go down 
+12
Russ722
Alton S
strikingthematch
Ben
zeashness
Foose81
Flippercon
James0816
jb1edlover
KMX
Jd.
WildWiley
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

tidewater fishtank rescue  Empty
PostSubject: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 12:56 pm

so when my fish tank leaked away while i was on vacation i posted an ad on cl and came away with a 55 gallon set up stand light filter and a marineland magnum 300 canister filter and 75 gallon rr tank with a hob protein skimmer all for free i decided to start the tidewater fish tank rescue because apparently the people in the area are just itching to give fish stuff away lol so any one in my area let me know if you need any thing and i will try and get it for you also if you dont want any thing let me know i will be posting photos of my 75 gallon reef tank i will be using any one that can help me with a sump build please do
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 2:44 pm

Pshh I always need free tanks haha : ) altho I have been looking for a wet dry filter for my honduran red points hehe
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 2:53 pm

im getting a 50 gallon from newport news friday
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 2:59 pm

I love the idea....However please don't make it a money making ordeal. Don't want to take in free stuff or great deals and then turn around and flip them for extra. I can't stand the people that do that. If we let everyone have a good deal that's how the hobby expands usafishbox

IM not saying that's what you all had in mind, IM just sayin. lol!
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 3:11 pm

yeah i just figured i would stock pile it for who ever needs em in the tide water area maybe just a lil bit for gas money but i have a big empty shed so ill will stock pile
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 3:36 pm

Yeah no problem taking "tips" for your findings and your helping hand.

Expand the hobby! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 5:02 pm

Though harmless for the most part this is what keeps most fish stores from hosting/sponsoring fish clubs. They associate clubs with "ideas" like this and they figure that now they will have competition from within. Some of the "smaller" lfs see this as a benefit. More tanks out there mean more places to put "Their" fish! Anway I think it's a great idea to build a rescue type "thing" however when your solicite things for free be very careful about how you go about distributing them! I know a guy that got free stuff and gave it away but he took "Donations" and he ended up in court.... Whatever you do don't post anything about money. PM any info dealing with money to that person! Anyway now that I've said that, I have about 10, 55 gallon tanks that I will be getting rid of in the next few months to a rescue type organization of course!
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 5:12 pm

yeah i will mostly just be doing with people from the forum most of the tanks i plan to use my self lol
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 7:24 pm

I got a 55 with a broken bottom you can have for free if you want to fix it lol : )
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 8:14 pm

lol im trying to stay away from broken stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/20/2011, 10:58 pm

haha good choice I am going to put it on the curb next week sometime not worth keeping it around : / stupid jack dempseys knocking over rocks tidewater fishtank rescue  455499
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/21/2011, 9:22 am

Well since you are rescueing tanks...I would like to rescue some small tanks. If you see any out there 1g in size....maybe up to 2.5g, let me know. Preferrable rectangle as I have seen some mini bow's.

Need a few more small ones for my breeding projects.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/21/2011, 11:54 am

Man I missed this. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/21/2011, 1:47 pm

i will see what i can do just missed a 8 gallon bio cube yesterday
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/22/2011, 7:39 am

That may be too big. ;o)

I'm thinking of hitting up a place like MJDesign or similiar. Maybe they will have some cheap glassware.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/22/2011, 8:55 am

yeah a 1 gallon shouldn't be to much
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/22/2011, 9:01 am

This thread is under SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.

Can I move it to the Chapter section for you all? usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/22/2011, 10:41 am

probably a good idea to move it : )

I got a few small tanks I would be willing to get rid of hit me up if you want pics , will get them to you after I get back from D.C.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 1:21 pm

That's a good idea. I keep my eye out on CL as well. If find anything I will let you know, and if you don't want to come to the Hampton/NN side of the water immediately, then I would be willing to help you out on this side of the water.
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 1:26 pm

Also, a fish rescue might help keep some people from flushing fish or taking them to a store to be overpriced.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 1:27 pm

ok jd what sizes? i personally need a 30 long for my sump but i will take others to hold i have a big empty shed to store them in. foose send a pm with your number ill be in touch i missed out on a 50 gallon cus it was in nn and i couldn't make it till Friday :(
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/24/2011, 9:55 pm

PMd you. Would love to help in any way I can.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 11:36 am

jd what size tank are you getting rid of?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 12:33 pm

Nothing as big as a 30g for a sump I was going to get rid of some smaller fry / guppy tanks
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 8:01 am

How small is small?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tidewater fishtank rescue    tidewater fishtank rescue  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tidewater fishtank rescue
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next