UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Breeding Convicts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 7:17 pm

How do you breed convicts? I have a 55 gallon with 1 male 1 female. There's caves and rocks and lots of room to hide and swim. Tank temperature is 78 and good filtration(although I might need another one). All the female does is run away form the male and hide. When the male finds her in her cave, she instantly panics and runs to the plants. Now they act like they don't even know each other and no successful breeding. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 9:52 pm

mine do the same thing but they are starting to like eachother put them in a ten gallon for them to get along
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 11:06 pm

I had multible convicts,6 total. The more you have the better the chances of them pairing off. I came out with two breeding pairs with the 6 i had.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 11:37 pm

Results:

Female lost a few scales when put in ten gallon with male
Stirred up alot of poo that was meant for my plants

End Results:
Both back in 55 gallon and the female is hiding in the top left of the corner that receives 0 light. Male is pissed so he is digging up my plants(55 gallon) and is moving ALL of my gravel from one side to another. He has never done this before and I think hes developing a bump on his head.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 3:10 pm

My convicts moved everything too. I couldn't keep any live plants with my cichlids. They always eat them.
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 4:04 pm

convicts are like people male will do any thing with fins the females are selective. best bet add more i have 3 breeding sets out of 14 convicts in a 40 gallon tank take a look at my 20 gallon with mom pop and fry
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 11:16 pm

I gave up on those fish. What I'm really interested in and trying to get my guppies to stop popping babies, or my gourami to stop looking so ugly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breeding Convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding Convicts   Breeding Convicts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding Convicts
Page 1 of 1