UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pond Experiment 2011

Go down 
+7
lifeisgood
Ben
Holey Rock of Texas
KingBichir
Alton S
ornate12
Shaysfishys
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

Pond Experiment 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pond Experiment 2011   Pond Experiment 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

This years pond experiment is a bit different than last years with the guppys & platys. Since they got utterly out of control took me 2 days to catch all of them LOL went a different route. In the pond this year are the "jar babys" which were some angel fry I pulled from Betty & Barney they went into the pond at earaser size other than 1 which was bigger from a previous batch. This angel had been growing out with 10 dime size discus and a trio of curviceps. Then along the way I had a brain fart and decided since I do keep the 150g heated as a backup to our Oregon weather so instead of just leaving it set at 76F for livebearers its kicked up to 82F. So now the current residents are the following fish:

6-9 Marble veil angels ranging in color from light to dark
2 Smutty red quarter size discus
1 L.curvicep

24 hours into this experiment and so far so good, the baby discus seem to be enjoying themselves swimming around in the water lilly, came up for breakfast. If the discus show any signs of stress I'll bring them back into the house but for now they seem happy, good color and full tummys.

Water changes on the pond are regular since I dip out of there to water plants that are under the front yard tree because my syphon hoses are long yet don't reach all the way out there.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Pond Experiment 2011   Pond Experiment 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/7/2011, 11:32 am

Pm sent
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: Pond Experiment 2011   Pond Experiment 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/7/2011, 11:20 pm

Thanks, gives me a few ideas, not for this year, but for setting up next spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pond Experiment 2011   Pond Experiment 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pond Experiment 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2