UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

backgound experiment

Go down 
+3
CoutureWest
MarkM
jessecichlidguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

backgound experiment Empty
PostSubject: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 2:48 pm

This is a background to attach to the outside of the tank, I used a hardener of white glue, flour, latex paint and water to form a rocky scape with a $.50 a yard material. Then I spray painted the rock areas with a gold stone effect paint, After it dried I painted the back area a blackish grey color and highlighted the rocks. Then used silicone and added a couple of plants. I'm not finished yet but this is it so far.

backgound experiment Background021-1-1

this is the size it will be for a 55 gal.
backgound experiment Background021-2

More painting and plants will be added then attached to a styrofoam frame to add depth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 2:51 pm

Just curious but how will this be attached to the tank? as i see it is 3d.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:03 pm

Haven't quite figured that out but it is very light and can be duct taped if needed. I'm thinking of some kind of hanger though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:09 pm

It is awesome!!! i am excited to see it on the tank!!!!
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:11 pm

silicone the edges to the back of the glass. just do lil dots of silicone in the corners and in the middle of all sides with the corners being a brown color you can get a brown silicone to match i think that is your best bet vixen... as for duct tape will leave a residue after a period of time not to mention might mess up the background if you need to peel it off
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:11 pm

looks awesome and real though
i like it i like it good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:17 pm

That would work Jesse. I was also thinking velcro.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 3:27 pm

That looks cool. Can't wait to See it on the tank.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 4:09 pm

i wouldnt do velcro only for the simple reason when you pull to take it off it could damage the background atleast with silicone its a lil flexible and you could pull the BG away from the tank a lil and cut with a knife
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 4:13 pm

good point Jesse.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 5:49 pm

glad to be of service
Back to top Go down
CoutureWest
Sergeant
Sergeant
CoutureWest

Favorite Fish: : Tiger Oscar Cichlid

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 12:59 pm

Awesome, youve inspired me to crate my own background! I won't copy but I never did think if making a background on my own,thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 1:09 pm

Haven't had time to work on it maybe today I can get some more done on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 2:13 pm

That is pretty spiffy!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 4:00 pm

nice vix!!!!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 4:36 pm

Very nice looking! At this point i almost wish I would have done something like this rather then the in tank 3D Background. It was not hard to make but still a pain haha.
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 5:46 pm

that's pretty cool, post a photo when it's in....I have to see it!
Back to top Go down
grad2k1rulz
Private First Class
Private First Class
grad2k1rulz

Favorite Fish: : I'm finicky and picky so it varies and changes regularly.

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 9:46 pm

I love creative non-commercial backgrounds!! I have my sister-in-law creating a painting for my 55gallon's background. I will add pics when it is completed but yours is much more dynamic I'm sure :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: backgound experiment   backgound experiment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

backgound experiment
Page 1 of 1