UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Injured fish... advice?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

Injured fish... advice? Empty
PostSubject: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 10:58 pm

Hi! I have had this issue in the past and never really know the best way to handle it. I have a couple fish that have moderate avulsions or abrasions - bad enough that if left in the tank, they'd be worn down. Both of them are healthy, color is good and they're acting alright. For now, I have each of them in separate breeder baskets, but I hate to keep them there until they heal, that will take a while. So, what do you recommend, and is there anything I can do to speed the healing process?
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:30 pm

I'd be curious to hear other people's input. Firstly, if it possible that fish infected with parasites can look normal aside from their abrasions from irritation? Maybe they hang out too close to the heater and get burned? I wonder if it'd be a starting point to go bare tank and see if they heal, and gradually add in decor piece by piece to ensure it isn't some particular decor that they are rubbing onto. Healthy fish don't rub on things normally, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 12:07 am

Try using Melafix to speed up the healing process.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 12:17 am

Got to find a way to get another tank, I suppose, to treat them...
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime6/17/2011, 11:08 am

how are the fish? what kind of fish are they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injured fish... advice?   Injured fish... advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injured fish... advice?
Page 1 of 1