UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Real Driftwood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Real Driftwood Empty
PostSubject: Real Driftwood   Real Driftwood Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 11:33 pm

i got some really awesome pieces of driftwood today. i have no idea why anyone would would pay 15$ for what i got for free and had fun collecting. i suppose i saved 45$ had i gone to the store. the pieces were hard, solid, really twisted and gnarled with tons of unique character. best pieces acquired from knocked over trees around the root system.
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

Real Driftwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Driftwood   Real Driftwood Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 8:34 am

That's what I do , too. Here in Alaska, the rivers are cold and clean, no factory or human pollutants in them. Some local wood, I haven't even soaked. Rocks come right from the river. My sand and gravel come from a local gravel pit. I, too like to keep things as cheap as I can. One has to be careful of where wood and rocks are obtained, as there could be pollutants such as car antifreeze or oil on them.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Real Driftwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Driftwood   Real Driftwood Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 8:36 am

BobV wrote:
One has to be careful of where wood and rocks are obtained, as there could be pollutants such as car antifreeze or oil on them.

Real Driftwood 858205
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Real Driftwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Driftwood   Real Driftwood Icon_minitime4/28/2011, 9:01 am

thats why im gna use hydrogen peroxide as my detergent along with a 2 week soak in out in the sun (with water changes every few days) funny because im a biologist, by defintion that also makes me a chemist. i actually thought organic chemistry was fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Real Driftwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Driftwood   Real Driftwood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Driftwood
Page 1 of 1