UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Heater size for tanks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Heater size for tanks Empty
PostSubject: Heater size for tanks   Heater size for tanks Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 2:39 pm

Looking into designing my betta breeding setup. Will be using either 10Gs or a divided 20L. Have to use a heater in order to maintain the required 80F temp.

Would a 100W submersible suffice for a 10G or 20L? I will be bubble wrapping underneith and on three sides for insulation.
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

Favorite Fish: : DISCUS

PostSubject: Re: Heater size for tanks   Heater size for tanks Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 4:02 pm

man i have a 50watt hydor in my 10 gallon and it does just fine, 100watt might be over kill
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: Heater size for tanks   Heater size for tanks Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 5:19 pm

3-5 watts per a gallon is what most people use.. also depends on the heater use a good heater and you could get away with lower watts... I like the hagen, and theebo jager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater size for tanks   Heater size for tanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater size for tanks
Page 1 of 1