UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

LF ABN Pleco age/size

Go down 
+3
jb1edlover
Cichlid Lover
nukepaste
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nukepaste
Private
Private

LF ABN Pleco age/size Empty
PostSubject: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 5:02 pm

I just got a few Long Finned ABN Plecos. They are much more pink/white then the larger mature ABN I have in my show tank.

Any reference to thier age by the size of them? At what age/size are they mature and able to breed?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 6:12 pm

My reg. ABN are 1" - 1.25" and they are 4,5 months. Some born at the same time are smaller.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 7:55 pm

ABN's can breed early but size is determined by age, water parameters, amount of food availible and genetics play a big part. Unfortunately ABN's have a pretty high death rate for some reason...
JB
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:01 pm

I have had them breed at 2.5-3 inches. Growth is normally very slow.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:22 pm

still waiting for mine to breed!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:26 pm

I got mine to breed on accident LOL.
Back to top Go down
nukepaste
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:35 pm

thanks for all the answers. I am glad I found this site. I'd say they are around 1.5 inches not including the crazy long tail.

When do the bristles form on the males? theyare pretty white/pink, when do they start to get more of a yellow/orange color?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 11:09 pm

They will mature at about 8 months . Males will start to show "Bristles" at about the same time .Some females will develop small Bristles around their mouths , but only males will have them run up their faces between the eyes !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LF ABN Pleco age/size   LF ABN Pleco age/size Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LF ABN Pleco age/size
Page 1 of 1