UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

What size tank?

Go down 
4 posters

What size tank?
60"L x 16"W x 30" D
What size tank? Vote_lcap100%What size tank? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 12 ]
48"L x 18"W x 24"D
What size tank? Vote_lcap0%What size tank? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 4:09 am

This tank is for my severums, sa cichlids, and a pictus cats. I was going to go with a 7 foot 125 gal but I don't really have the room. So here are my other options. What one would you go for?
Back to top Go down

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 6:36 am

With cichlids the more length to the tank the better off you are.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 11:02 am

But you also want more width so the fish can turn around comfortably.
Back to top Go down

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 12:41 pm

I think 2x their max length is the minimum you can have in width.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 12:53 pm

I hope Snowflake realizes that a severum gets GIGANTIC. 100g would be puuurrfect
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 2:16 pm

For all of those fish (esp severums) you are going to need a tank much larger than the ones you have listed up top. What size are the fish now? and how many fish total?
Back to top Go down

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 4:53 pm

55 gallon tanks are fine for breeding. You can do it a 30g also. Breeders in Flordia use 30g.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 5:40 pm

5' means more darting room.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 6:07 pm

fishman13218 wrote:
55 gallon tanks are fine for breeding. You can do it a 30g also. Breeders in Flordia use 30g.

She never said anything about breeding.....She is talking about having all those fish in one tank and what size it would need to be.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 10:00 pm

Ok my fish are 3-4 inches now. Yes I'm very aware of how big severum get. They can get to be 10"-12" but at 6-8" they grow slowly it can take around 3 yr for them to reach full size. Some never grow over 9" like females but some males will not get to 12". Mine is a girl. 3 years gives me time to upgrade again if I have too.

No I'm not breeding these fish. I am picking up the 5 foot tank on wed I can't wait. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What size tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What size tank?   What size tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What size tank?
Page 1 of 1