UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.

Go down 
+7
TankGirl
strikingthematch
lifeisgood
cwhip
halnick
wwright12401
williemcd
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/26/2011, 2:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Surely someone has a fool proof way short of draining a tank till there is no escape for netting a fish.
I've got 5 juvie Angels in a tank with 4 serpae's that are making life miserable for the angels... AND, it's a well planted tank.. I've tried sneaking up on them in the wee hours of the day, at first light and nothing has allowed me to snag these sob's without wreaking havoc within the environment... A big dose of Quaaludes?..
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 9:56 am

i dunno how my husband does it but he even catchs small really fast fish in my heavy planted tank without moving a thing..... i dont know his secret so cant tell you.... maybe just patience or the fear ill kill him if he uproots everything?
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 2:48 pm

Get net under fish, swing up AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!! That's how I've learned to catch any non-bottom dweller. Even works on fish as fast as wild minnows and zebra danios! fishing
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 3:11 pm

LOL My fish swim into the rocks and hide if I walk in the room with a net in my hand.
if I put the net in the tank they hide and wont come out till my screens are back in place. I guess some fish are smarter than others.
get a trap,sit back and have a beer when the fish swim in pull the string. Done.
300#'s+ live rock and I never need move one ounce.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/27/2011, 6:28 pm

Yeah that trap is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.   Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capturing a fish without tearing up the whole tank.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2