UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

fish tank noise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

Favorite Fish: : mollies and platys

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/13/2011, 10:13 pm

so not sure if someone else has posted about this so i am going to...in my 29 gal tank i have a few corys several mollies/platys and an african dwarf frog.. well this evening me and my boyfriend kept hearing a noise coming from my tank almost like a cricket chirping. we thought it might be the frog so we removed him and sat and listened for awhile and no noise... could the little guy be making that kind of noise?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 5:38 am

Yes they sing .
here is a recording of their song .
http://allaboutfrogs.org/files/sounds/dwarflong.wav
Ray
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 7:22 am

awesome. that is the same noise we heard last night...does it mean that it wants a mate
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 8:25 am

Generally speaking ,,, yes
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 2:14 pm

how do i know besides the size which is male and which is female
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 3:21 pm

Thats about the only way . Unless you have more than one ! I always get fishes and such in groups of three or more . In a group , the females will be up to 1/2 longer . Or when the time is right one will grab the other around the "waist" . the one on top is the male ! LOL When that happens the dance will start. and eggs are the outcome .
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime12/14/2011, 3:27 pm

i did have several but they all died off and this is the only one left...guess i better get him a few friends this weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fish tank noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish tank noise   fish tank noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fish tank noise
Page 1 of 1