UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

SB Green Terrors laid eggs!

Go down 
+6
ornate12
scottyofala
KMX
D'Claro
Ben
Cohazard
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Empty
PostSubject: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 11:27 pm

Finally success! One step closer to my goal of breeding cichlids.

I wish she would've used the slate I added to the tank though :irked:

She spawned on a Seiryu stone lol

anyways, here are pics of the eggs, mom, and dad.

She is not fanning the eggs well, so I doubt I will see any fry out of their first spawn, but we will see by this weekend....

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5732

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5733

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5712-1
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 5:04 am

congrats
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 7:05 am

Congrats on getting this far! You say it's their first spawn, so maybe this is the one they practice on.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 9:34 am

Very nice Congratz!

Next time I would put a flower pot in the tank. I had mine doing 500+ a month.

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Green-12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 2:34 pm

congrats !!!
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/22/2011, 6:52 pm

Thanks guys, well the good news is that the eggs were fertilized, only about 32 bad out of 250+!

A lot of fry hatched and were wrigglers, hope theyw ill be free-swimming by the time I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
scottyofala
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
scottyofala

Favorite Fish: : angels, discus, fronts,plecos,and well i just like them all!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/22/2011, 7:05 pm

nice good
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/22/2011, 7:07 pm

Very Nice!

yes
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Private
Private
twiggz

Favorite Fish: : Red Jewel Cichlids, Chocolate Cichlids, Peacock Cichlids, Green Terrors,

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 10:00 pm

Ive got a female green terror that lays eggs every month, since I have no male, they just sit there and rot until pigpen (my foot long sailfin pleco) goes and cleans them up. I originally bought the green terror to eat the hundreds of fry that my red jewel cichlids produce so often.....Going to put my mated pair of jewels in a seperate tank so I can get a few male green terrors and see if I cant get a mated pair out of them...
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 10:25 pm

Not a bad first effort for those two!... Congrats!
good
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

Favorite Fish: : DISCUS

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 4:32 pm

very nice man
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/26/2011, 8:05 pm

I've got free swimmers now!

KMX, were your GT's short body? Your female looks like she is.

Do you still have any around? I'm alredy thinking about adding blood to the gene pool because I want to produce enough to trade or sell to local fish stores and other hobbyists that might want some of these fish.

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMAG0645
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Private
Private
twiggz

Favorite Fish: : Red Jewel Cichlids, Chocolate Cichlids, Peacock Cichlids, Green Terrors,

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime3/26/2011, 8:11 pm

I would love to get a few males...as I said before in this thread, I have a female that lays eggs regularly but no mate for her.
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 1:47 am

twiggz, we might be able to work that out some day.

Sadly, I have lost most of the free swimming fry, I have about 20 strong ones left that are growing well.

I'm thinking that the fry weren't eating enough, so I will be getting a fry basket this weekend and keeping the remaining fry there, and next time they spawn, I'll move the wrigglers to a basket so that I can feed them better when they are free-swimming.

Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 2:14 am

congrats buddy now if you will attend these meetings we have i bet a few people here can help ya out lol!
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Private
Private
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 10:30 am

Cohazard wrote:
twiggz, we might be able to work that out some day.

Sadly, I have lost most of the free swimming fry, I have about 20 strong ones left that are growing well.

I'm thinking that the fry weren't eating enough, so I will be getting a fry basket this weekend and keeping the remaining fry there, and next time they spawn, I'll move the wrigglers to a basket so that I can feed them better when they are free-swimming.

I crush up chichlid gold pellets to feed my jewel fry, they gobble them crumbs up quick....
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 12:48 am

I removed the last 21 fry to the box today.

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5776

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5775

SB Green Terrors laid eggs! IMG_5773
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Private
Private
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 8:19 am

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SB Green Terrors laid eggs!   SB Green Terrors laid eggs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SB Green Terrors laid eggs!
Page 1 of 1