UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

trying to breed green terrors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

trying to breed green terrors Empty
PostSubject: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 11:58 pm

I bought a pair of terrors from an LFS that had paired up in the tank and were giving the rest of the fish a hard time.

I thought they would spawn at home but now they loosely follow each other, the male picks on the female a little but not constantly.

What's wrong?

What should I do to induce a spawn?

I know I need to add a rock or plate for them to spawn on, but what else can I try?
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 12:36 am

Condition them really well, give them a place to spawn and do a large water change preferably with water a few degrees cooler than the tank water.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 7:56 am

Put them in a 55G by themselves with a flower pot set on it's side. If they don't breed with in 30 days........I dunno the male might be gay lol!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime3/13/2011, 9:15 am

lol! trying to breed green terrors 858205 Feed them lots of frozen food like bloodworms and feed heavy. After about a week of heavy feeding, do a cold water change of 25-50%. That should get them going.
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 11:55 pm

haha thanks everyone, they spawned today on a Seiryu stone lol

I added terra cotta dish and slate, but nope, they pick the almost vertical porous rock. grrrr...

Hopefully wigglers this weekend....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed green terrors   trying to breed green terrors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trying to breed green terrors
Page 1 of 1