UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LvMyPuffer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
LvMyPuffer

leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Empty
PostSubject: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 4:53 pm

so are there any type of backflow valves that can be used on filter tubing?

i just replaced the rubber washers but that didn't help.

does it need a tighter seal? do i just need to find a new filter?

normally i unhook the tubes when i am cleaning or need to turn it off, but a recent black out caught me off guard and didn't unhook them until 15 mins or more later and it had already filled up the tub the filter is sitting in plus soaked the carpet (eek) so if i wasn't home, i would have an empty tank and a completely ruined floor and probably the ceiling underneath.

Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 5:17 pm

Check out Home Depot or your local pool/spa supplies store. They make barbed hose fittings that you could then attach a valve to.
Back to top Go down
LvMyPuffer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
LvMyPuffer

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 5:24 pm

ya i just tried ace, they don't have any but i will keep calling around! that will be a lot cheaper than buying a new filter! hope the power doesn't go out again while i run some errands (fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 5:48 pm

Yeha trying to find the right place I know HD carries it at least LINK Barb

That's what I am thinking of tired to LINK something like this but with a screw in fitting. It wouldn't be extremely pretty but would work.
Back to top Go down
LvMyPuffer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
LvMyPuffer

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:29 pm

i think this is what i am looking for, but jeeze that little piece of plastic is spendy compared to the check valves so easily found for air tubing.

http://www.petstore.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=FT8933&child=FT8955&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=nextag&utm_content=FT8955
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:37 pm

Wow yeah that would work really well if your not around. Wonder if there is some kind of online supplier that would do it for cheaper haha.
Back to top Go down
LvMyPuffer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
LvMyPuffer

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:50 pm

how the heck am i supposed to figure out what will fit and work best with my tubing? jeeze there are quite a few different styles

hard to tell how they even would attach.

http://www.marineandreef.com/Check_Valve_1_Clear_w_slip_unions_p/rfl98210.htm

http://www.nextag.com/aquarium-backflow-valve/shop-html

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=FT9033&child=FT9055&utm_source=mdcsenextag2&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=mdcsenextag2&utm_content=FT9055
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz   leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leaking rena filter when power is off - help plz
Page 1 of 1