UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles

Go down 
+2
Keelo
ClarkeExotics
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Empty
PostSubject: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 9:55 am

Figured I'd share my little scaled babies with you all.

Akina - 2005 Normal Female (currently breeding with Xefaud)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadis - 2007 Normal Female (gravid from Auxy)

Shane - 2006 Normal Female

Xefaud - 2007 Normal Het. Pied Male (really old picture)

Juji - 2007 Pinstripe Female (breeding with Auxy and Thriller)

Auxy - 2007 Spider Male (another old picture)

Thriller - 2007 Pastel Male (what is with all the old pics of my males?)

Tak - 2010 Dinker Male (hoping he's a black pastel)

Zim - 2006 Snow Corn Snake Female

Sram - Unknown Age Normal Het. Snow Male

Callisto - 2010 Anery Het. Amel (Unknown Gender) (baby picture!)

Venus - 2010 Amelanistic Het. Anery (Unknown Gender) (baby picture!)

Io - 2010 Normal Het. Snow (Unknown Gender) (another baby picture!)

Oberon - 2010 Snow (Unknown Gender) (No picture :( )

Isis - 2008 Colombian Red Tail Boa Female (friend's first time holding a boa I think)
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 9:59 am

verynice! i have a soft spot for red tails so i really like isis :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 9:59 am

Awesome snakes!!!!! Its nice to know there is someone loves them as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:05 am

Almost forgot these two. My friend rescued two snakes from someone local. They were housing these two ladies together (which is NOT good for the snakes) in a 30g tank with nothing but bedding, a heat rock, and a branch. The corn snake was in good shape and eats like a machine now. The ball python had retained eyecaps, scale rot, and was very undersized for her age (which is at least 5 years old).

I am holding them here until my friend moves into her own place.

Cornellia - 2005 (estimated) Normal Female

Nyoka - 2005 (estimated) Normal Female

In Nyoka's picture you can kind of see that she has several layers of retained eyecap. The family told us they named her Cyclops because "She had gone blind in that eye". After some good TLC, her scale rot has gone away, she's gaining weight, and we are happy to report that after shedding at least 2 layers of retained eye cap, Nyoka has two perfectly good eyes. :)
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:31 am

Keelo wrote:
verynice! i have a soft spot for red tails so i really like isis :)

Thanks! I used to think boas were too much for me, but she's such a puppy. Little spastic at first but once you get her out she calms right down.

BornofFire81 wrote:
Awesome snakes!!!!! Its nice to know there is someone loves them as much as I do.

Thank you! I love these snakes. Zim (snow corn female) is the one that started it all. And I have no intention of stopping. Sadis is going to drop a clutch in about two weeks and I've got 2 other girls in with boys, plus my sister's snake that I'm breeding for her. So in total, I MIGHT get 4 clutches of snakes this season. Doubt it, but still. Then on top of that, I already have my purchases for the next 3 years planned out. If I'm able to I'm getting a 100% Het Pied Normal female this season (if hubby lets me). Next season I'm getting an albino male and a male boa (not sure on the color yet). The following season I'm getting a mojave female, and a Het Clown pair. I might also begin branching out into the other species I want to breed Blood Pythons and Kenyan Sand boas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:02 am

Its awesome to hear about the scale rot being cleared up, and they eye caps are coming off its sad to see snakes in that sort of shape. i love Pythons and Boas, But when it comes right down to it, Corn Snakes are my all time favorite!!!! Thanks for sharing the Pictures!!!!
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:31 am

Sol demands she be given some spotlight. So here is Sol, my little leo. This is an old picture. She's nearly twice that size now.

And that concludes my reptile collection......for now. I'll update this thread with pics of eggs, hatchlings and new additions. :)
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:35 am

wow you have a bunch. very nice.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:52 am

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
wow you have a bunch. very nice.

Thanks! I don't have near as many as I want. lol.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 4:35 pm

Figured I would update this seeing as Sadis dropped her clutch of eggs. In total, she had 5. They've been incubating nicely for a little over 2 weeks now. They are due to hatch June 4th. Here is a video I shot on day 14 of their incubation. No movement yet but it is still early.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will be taking another video this upcoming Monday and will continue to take videos every Monday until hatching. I also have 3 other females breeding right now. Akina has no follicles and there has been no copulation but it is still early for them. I just began pairing them in March. Juji is making progress. She is 1350 and I believe I felt a few small follicles in her. Ari (my sister's snake) has copulated once and has no follicles. I'm hoping all give me eggs this season. I'll post updates as they come.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 5:57 pm

Hi, Jesse. Well, I know nothing about snakes so I won't risk saying something dumb. They look good to me, is all I can say!

My favorite of your creatures is little Sol. What a face and what beautiful eyes!

Well, that's it from me except what does "1350" mean?
Quote :
Juji is making progress. She is 1350 and I believe I felt a few small follicles in her.
?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime4/21/2011, 8:22 am

I would say that is 1350 grams (her body weight).

Nice collection you have!
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime4/21/2011, 10:19 am

Yes, 1350 is her weight in grams. I'm so used to talking with reptile keepers, that I forgot to make that a little more clear.

Haha, thanks! Sol may look cute but she has quite an attitude. That little smile is a fake! She doesn't like to be messed with but overall she is a good gecko. Eats like a piggy! I'll have to get a newer picture of her soon.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 11:16 am

Figured I would update this. Sadis dropped her clutch of 5 eggs in April. At 36 days of incubation I came home from work to find the incubator wide open and the egg box was on the floor. Apparently the cat had knocked the thermometer off the top of the incubator which the dog then decided to play with. Unfortunately the thermometer was attached to a probe that was attached to the inside of the egg box, so if he pulled it, that is what pulled the egg box out of the incubator. Even though the eggs fell almost 2 feet out of the incubator and experienced a drop in temperature down to 69 degrees (I incubate at 88-89), 4 out of 5 showed good veins and moving babies. The 5th egg, while intact, had no movement and after some time in the incubator, I eventually cut it open to find it had suffered massive head trauma and had torn its umbilicus off and bled out in the egg. So the 4 eggs left were okay, except one which had split open due to the fall. I super glued some plastic wrap over the split and it held until hatching.

All four remaining eggs hatched without a problem. I got two male normals, 1 female normal (with granite markings), and 1 female spider. All four are doing well. The boys have eaten a few meals each but the females are a little hesitant to start eating. I'm keeping the girls for future breeding.

Male Normal

Male Normal

Female Normal with Granite Markings (likely not genetic granite, but I'm keeping her anyway. She is the one that hatched out of the split egg)

Female Spider

And to top things off, two more females are gravid. One is due to lay any day now, and the other is due to lay in mid July. I'll update with pictures when they lay eggs.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 1:16 pm

the spider female looks cool. even tho snakes creep me out. glad that most of them made it.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 2:40 pm

Thanks! Her name is Loch and her sister's name is Ness. (My husband's idea)
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 3:46 pm

I have to agree the female spider looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 4:07 pm

she kind of glows.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime7/1/2011, 4:36 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
she kind of glows.
Haha, might be the shoddy camera. But thanks. She definitely looks like her daddy (Auxy in the previous pictures). Unfortunately she does have a bit of a wobble. All spider ball pythons have a neurological problem that is directly linked to the spider gene. Some spider balls barely show it (or some don't show it until much later in life) and some are complete train wrecks that have to be put down. So far she hasn't eaten, and she wobbles when I put food in with her, but its not severe enough that I don't think she can eat. I think she's just being a bit of a diva and is being stubborn. Her father has a slight wobble. He only wobbles if he misses a strike at his food, or is frightened by something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles   In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Snake Room - ClarkeExotics's Reptiles
Page 1 of 1