UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I have Eggs in my cave

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

I have Eggs in my cave Empty
PostSubject: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:33 pm

I have eggs in the cave for for my ABN Pleco. What do I need to do now? It look like the male is fanning the eggs. How long does it take for them to hatch and what do I feed the babys? I have Eggs in my cave 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:39 pm

YES I seen them!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:43 pm

you do nothing ! Dad will take care of them . they will hatch in about 4 days and dad will keep them in the cave for about a week . Then they will come out and start cleaning your tank. I add raw zucchini to the tank and raw Romaine lettace . They love both ! Also plecocaine and flake food .
Enjoy !! Ray
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:45 pm

oh , and frequent water changes . I do water changes every 3 days on my BN pleco tanks .
Ray
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:50 pm

What is plecocaine and how long does it take to grow to around an inch in size?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:04 pm

Plecocaine is a Pleco food that comes in various size pellets . You can get it on Aqua Bid .
And the little buggers will get to be about an inch in 4 to 6 weeks .
Oh , and if you have Cichlids , goldfish , or other larger omnivores , they will eat the babies . Hopefully they are in a tank with small community fishes.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:15 pm

hooray congrats on the eggs!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:45 pm

I saw the eggs too. Very happy for you Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 11:16 pm

They are in there own tank at his shop. They bred just for the Va Chapter Meeting there tomorrow! lol!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 3:36 am

Yay mark! I'm glad they bred for you!
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 7:25 am

Thank you Mr. Lifeisgood. I have these guys in a tank of their own. I hope they keep going after the babys leave home.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 7:43 am

How many females do you have in the tank ? the reason I ask is the female that spawned should now spawn every 20-28 days as long as the water stay clean and is changed regular . I have one male with 3 females and I NEVER see the male , but I get babies every week !
Have fun with them , and Congrats !
I get my Plecocaine from a guy goes by the name of Lohachata on AB. I get the size 2 and 3 .
Here is a link.
Ray

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?foodp&1299505202
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 7:50 am

I just have a pair I got off this site. Thanks for the link, I'll get some of that food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have Eggs in my cave   I have Eggs in my cave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have Eggs in my cave
Page 1 of 1