UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

OB has eggs. What do I do?

Go down 
+6
alkomist
Ghoulish_chaos
ricardorocks
h0ngkn0t2
thebanker
chevy350
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

OB has eggs.  What do I do? Empty
PostSubject: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 7:43 pm

I noticed my OB had eggs. What do I do after they hatch. How long will she hold?
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 8:02 pm

ob peacock im guessing? If you want to keep them, remove the female to her own tank and just let her spit. Then return the female back to the main tank. Your other option is to let her hold and tumble the eggs, then strip her after about 2-2.5 weeks.
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 8:07 pm

All I have is a breeder net. I was going to wait till there fry. Can I do that?
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 8:11 pm

Is the ob currently in a community tank or alone? I don't know what your setup is like, if she is with a bunch of other fish, and you let her spit in the tank with the others. Most likely they will all get eaten. Just let her stay in the main tank for a couple weeks then strip the fry and put them in the breeder net.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 8:37 pm

I agree. Congrats!! If this is her first time, it might not be successful. Sometimes it takes them a few tries to get it right. Let her hold for 2-3 weeks, then strip her... OR buy a 10 Gallon (13 bucks) at Petsmart...throw in a sponge filter (another five bucks) and leave her alone and let her spit the fry on her own. With the warmer weather here in TX, you won't have to worry about heating the water...although warmer water promotes growth and the fry will develop faster.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 11:51 pm

cool congrats
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 2:21 am

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 8:24 am

NICE!!!!
Keep us posted on the eggs!
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 9:51 am

I will for sure. The male looks awsome. They will be for sale when they get to size. 1-2"
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 10:38 am

Good luck on your first batch of eggs with you OB.... Congratz
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 11:52 am

Congrats i just experienced my first babies from my white labs a few weeks ago, it is exciting!
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 4:18 pm

How do I get fry out of her mouth?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 4:35 pm

Here you Chevy. Good article on stripping fry
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/stripping_fry.php
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 4:50 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 9:56 pm

i was going to post this earlier, but here is the video for stripping fry from the same site.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/videos/stripping.php
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime4/9/2010, 8:05 pm

Those are good links. I think they way he does it is probably the best. That's the way I just did it ten minutes ago!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OB has eggs. What do I do?   OB has eggs.  What do I do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OB has eggs. What do I do?
Page 1 of 1