UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

1st eggs for angels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

1st eggs for angels Empty
PostSubject: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 9:42 pm

I've grown out 9 angels from dime size and a few min ago a marble (male) and gold (female) just laid eggs. It's their first time but still around 70 eggs laid. Seeing it's their first I don't expect any young but still exciting.
Back to top Go down
metrofish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
metrofish

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 9:45 pm

Congrates 1st eggs for angels 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 10:16 pm

Trying to get pics cross your fingers. lol!
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 10:24 pm

I have kept and bred Angel Fish for many years, but the mating and them raising their fry has always been a special event to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:14 am

here's photos

Marble (male) Gold (female)

1st eggs for angels Angeleggs014
1st eggs for angels Angeleggs005
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 6:10 am

Very nice Vixen!! good luck on your breeding!! 1st eggs for angels 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 7:42 am

WOW I'm surprised all the eggs still there this morning and male and female fanning and protecting. For their first try they're doing really well. Sort of funny I put slate pieces in and they go for the plant smack in the middle of the tank and in front. Stubborn children! lol!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 7:45 am

lol! funny..!
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:04 am

Congrats!! Good luck with the raising of them. We still can't get the parents to quit eating the eggs as soon as they are laid! 1st eggs for angels 196631
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 3:48 pm

Only 1 eggs is white the rest all seem fertile. The parents are doing a great job fanning and keeping everyone away. I really didn't think they'd have lasted this long without most of them turning white or eaten.
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 5:08 pm

good deal hope they are good parents babies are so cute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 6:20 pm

They should pull that one bad egg soon.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 6:57 pm

They already did. still doing great LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 7:11 am

You've got good parents then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 4:20 pm

Only about 6 eggs have gone bad and the parents remove them. This is amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 4:59 pm

Its always fun to watch fish care for their eggs/young. I'm glad they are turning out to be good parents!
If you have other fish in the tank you will need to remove the fry at some point, I know other angles will eat the fry but not sure if or when the parents will turn on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 6:41 pm

10 gal getting set up as I type. One step ahead of you Fern. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st eggs for angels   1st eggs for angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st eggs for angels
Page 1 of 1