UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Eggs in my cave again

Go down 
+3
lifeisgood
Ben
Cichlid Lover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

Eggs in my cave again Empty
PostSubject: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 7:44 pm

My first pair of ABN pleco had 28 fry March 10 and I have new eggs today. I got 3m 5f from jojo a few weeks ago, so Im waiting for them to have sexy time. dance
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 9:04 pm

Awesome Mark.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 9:50 am

Really awesome ! Love the plecs and all babies ! lol!
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:10 am

Make sure to move the adults when the "fry" are free swimming... Usually (Not all the time) but the parents won't spawn when there are a lot of babies in the tank. As soon as you move them to an empty tank, Wham! Babies galore! ALso the babies (BN PLECOS) are carnivorous will eat the eggs and newer babies. Just my experience! Get you some grow out tanks ready cause these bad boys spawn a lot and as they get larger you can get several hundred fry in each spawn!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:11 am

Cichlid Lover wrote:
My first pair of ABN pleco had 28 fry March 10 and I have new eggs today. I got 3m 5f from jojo a few weeks ago, so Im waiting for them to have sexy time. Eggs in my cave again 326269

Sexy time is good times. lol!

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:26 am

Sure are lots of different experiences in this hobby of ours !! For instance , I have 4 Bushy nose breeding tanks . I never remove babies or parents . and have spawns , literally , weekly !
While it is true that they are Omnivores , I have only seen them eating cory eggs. judging by the prolific breeding and numerous babies of various ages in my tanks , I would have to assume , that my males keep good watch on the eggs and cave entrance .
I did have an instance where Ramshorn snails got into a cave and ate all eggs and brand new hatched fry. There are no more snails in that tank.
Hope this helps in some small way ,,, Ray
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:59 am

thansk great. once they start there is not stopping them lol.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 12:07 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
thansk great. once they start there is not stopping them lol.

Yes there is a way to stop them from Spawning. You need to take the caves out like what I did. No caves No Spawns lol!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 12:11 pm

good call. lol.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 12:18 pm

Make sure you take out ALL decorations . I had one determined pair that spawned on the underside of a piece of bog wood !!! crazy lol!
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 7:15 pm

So far so good. The new babys are ok with the older babys that are about 3/4" now. It took about 90 days for my first pair to lay eggs. so i hope the new pairs don't take that long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eggs in my cave again   Eggs in my cave again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eggs in my cave again
Page 1 of 1