UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How do I transport fish....

Go down 
+2
KMX
red_dragon_girl_69
6 posters
AuthorMessage
red_dragon_girl_69
Sergeant
Sergeant
red_dragon_girl_69

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, bettas, red tail sharks, dragonfish, cichlids.

How do I transport fish.... Empty
PostSubject: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 9:57 am

OK, so I just thought of this. I have a bunch of baby platies. At some point they are going to need new homes. I cannot keep them all. What can I put them in when the time comes for them to go to a new home? Would ziplock baggies work? Any ideas would be great.

(Some of them will be going next door, so I think a ziplock baggie would be fine for that, but some might be going further than that).
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 10:19 am

Order from Kens @ http://www.kensfish.com/ or Mike ( Fish Freaks Cichlids) http://www.fishfreakscichlids.com/ They both sponsor here and have great prices on bags and a low rate shipping.

usafishbox

Zip lock bags are not friendly for most fish.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 11:42 am

yep ziplock bags with water have a habit of splitting or UNZIP... not good...
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 11:57 am

Plus if the baggy is to small for the person to acclimate them properly, they will die. I've had that happen. Got some young fry round half an inch or bigger. Had no room to add a little of my water, so I dumped them in my tank. They all died, very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 12:07 pm

Another suggestion is 1 or 2 quart plastic jars with the screw on lids if your not wanting to buy alot of bags. Received a shipment of discus that were packaged this way. Also well cleaned butter tubs work good for moving small fish to the neighbors house LOL
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 12:44 pm

Moving to general talk :)
Back to top Go down
red_dragon_girl_69
Sergeant
Sergeant
red_dragon_girl_69

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, bettas, red tail sharks, dragonfish, cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 1:09 pm

I will keep that first link in mind. I still have a good few months before the babies are ready to go (they are still pretty tiny). $2 for 50 bags isnt too bad (and I am sure I could find a use for the extras).

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I transport fish....   How do I transport fish.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I transport fish....
Page 1 of 1