UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

my fish fish r behaving oddly?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

my fish fish r behaving oddly? Empty
PostSubject: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 4:53 pm

my boyfriend said that all my fish been staying at the top and staying in one spot. then my ballooon molly stays in acorner all by herself my bettas seem to move more then my others? would it be my zigzag eel or im just worried?
Back to top Go down
intensitti
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
intensitti

Favorite Fish: : Angels and Discus

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 5:09 pm

have u done a water change recently?

this happened to us. we have a friend that works at the water department and she found out for us that the city had done a purge of the system and changed the type of chlorine that was added to the water. it really upset the tank and we had to deal with it for a few weeks until the purge was through and do another water change. we had added the stress coat but it all came down to the type of chlorine that was being used.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 5:16 pm

i did it last thursday so tomorro is my next water change it might be and i did run out of stress coat as well. it might be the water and i did taste some change in the water.i cant take to much chlorine in my system i get sick wen there to much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 5:48 pm

add some extra prime with the next water change, from time to time I can smell more chlorine in my water, so I compensate with extra prime. Thata one thing I love about using prime is that you really cant OD with it.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 5:54 pm

ya i luv that stuff i us it i hav to get some tomorro so ill get a huge bottle to work with. and i can search for my dojo while i clean lol hit 2 birds with one stone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:02 pm

give your substrate a good vacuuming while your at it, it may be nitrates or something of the like.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:04 pm

i checked my water and my nitrates wer good everything was perfect but now i think my air bubblier is dying on me bc its making funny noises
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:04 pm

idk wats making that noise but its driving me nuts
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:55 pm

If your air pump is resting against something, it will rattle. Watch your bubble rate to determine if the pump is starting to fail or if it just might be rattling against something. If it is starting to fail, you will want to replace it quickly with the fish behaving oddly. If it is being caused by chlorine, you will want as much surface movement as you can get to facilitate the gas exchange.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:56 pm

air pump is working great now it might be that my cat was playing with somethin round there, since he loves getting into things he know not to.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:04 pm

if there isnt enough oxygen in the water, that could have been the problem.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:06 pm

naw the air pump been working wen it made noises and i checked it out and it seems good and my bf would of told me if it went out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my fish fish r behaving oddly?   my fish fish r behaving oddly? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my fish fish r behaving oddly?
Page 1 of 1