UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How do I get my plecos do the deed

Go down 
+3
KMX
CajunGator
pillierox1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

How do I get my plecos do the deed Empty
PostSubject: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 9:47 am

I added pots and cave to get the groove on but my male doesn't seem to care but my other fish love it lol.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 9:48 am

when he is ready he will push the other fish out of the cave....
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 10:08 am

okay, is there anything i can do too get him motivate him to do it. i just been wanting him to do the dee with his girls. i have 3 males 5 girls maybe more i have to look but my albino boy is a big guy, plus he acts mocho at me, flaring(is thats what you call it). lol one point i thought hes going to poke me with those bristles close to his gills that he flares out.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 10:16 am

What is your tank set up? And pleco caves or logs?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 10:56 am

It's my 100, I have the cave and pots in the back covered by my wood so they have privacy, plants and all that
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

Favorite Fish: : believe it or not, I just love guppies.

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 1:13 pm

mood music?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 1:51 pm

is there other fish in the tank besides the plecos.
mine would spawn and i wouldn't even know it. the fry are so small the other fish would have a fresh meal. until i found a lone fry on the glass by chance.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 1:59 pm

Yes but I check everyday to see if the big guy got something since he will care for them for a bit and I would sntch them before the other fish get them.
Back to top Go down
PlecoDave
USA Fishbox Sponsor

Favorite Fish: : Calvus

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:01 pm

If you can take out all but 1 male and then do a 40% water change and feed them meaty foods for about a week and bet you will have a spawn.

If you dont have any where for the extra male's then your going to need a lot more cave.
If you have 5 males i would put in about 8-10 caves.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:02 pm

Okay, I'll add more
Back to top Go down
PlecoDave
USA Fishbox Sponsor

Favorite Fish: : Calvus

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:04 pm

If you have frozen brine try and feed that after you turn off the lights so it hits the bottom for the pleco's.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:17 pm

Lot's of caves! usafishbox

HRT has some really good ones.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 3:53 pm

Ya ill get some more.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 6:55 pm

I have 4 males and 4 females in two breeders with 4 caves each ABN and A. Temminckii , and 2 males with 2 females ( LF ABN )with 2 caves . They breed every two to three weeks . If you have any snails in that tank , they will eat the eggs as soon as they are laid , and if any make it to wigglers , snails will eat them also .
I do 30% water changes every other day , and I keep a flow going in their tanks . I feed them Flake and NLS 1mm sinking pellets . And a slice of raw zucchini every 3 days.
Hope this helps ,, Ray
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 7:18 pm

i have assassin snails in there to control the pond snails. ill try to keep the snail control down and ill see wat i can do.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 7:34 pm

another thing you can do is check in the caves twice a day , morning and evening , with a flashlight. if you see eggs on the back wall of the cave , move the cave to a tank with the same water and isolate it from the snails. Just a thought . I have moved a cave with eggs to another tank with dad in it and had success that way.
ray
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 7:35 pm

okay ill do that!! i check morning and night lol so i would see something with me checking lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I get my plecos do the deed   How do I get my plecos do the deed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I get my plecos do the deed
Page 1 of 1