UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 10:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just picked up a 50.. and redoing a 29... most of my tanks have been picked up used with an active gravel/substrate so cycling wasn't a problem. My goal for these two tanks will be to ultimately have 4-6 nice discus in the 50 and a few angels in a tetra tank. Both tanks will be natural plants of course. My plants of choice at this time (before all of ya with a ton more knowledge) are Crypts, Swords, and some Val... So, if you were in my position would you boil some soil in cloth sacks for the sub-strate or something else? My gravel topping will be close to 3 inches over what ever I put beneath it.. And do I even need anything underneath the gravel? I'll be seeding both of the tanks with the water from my 35 G water changes... the 29 over the course of a week with 2 w/c's on the 35.. and the 50 will take a bit longer.. or I might (sponge) a sponge filter off a local addict.. Any thoughts to add to mine or advice you'd like to offer up? Thanks in advance. Bill in Richmond, Va.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 4:59 pm

If you look online they will often have a stock check for stuff at the local stores depending how far away it is for you to go.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 5:01 pm

Three types of concrete sand.. no mention of the size of the granuals.. but.. wth.. give it a shot.. and they're only 2 miles away! Both lowes and hd...
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 5:10 pm

Haha Nice well good luck I know the pool filter sand is #20 grit sand so something similar to that should work.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 5:11 pm

suggested is .45 - .55 mm... I'm not a metric guy.. but me thinks.. pretty tiny! <grin>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus    Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setting up a 50 for Angels and eventually Discus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2