UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Overflow box connection ques with pic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Overflow box connection ques with pic Empty
PostSubject: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 3:39 pm

This is my eshopps overflow box and the connection underneth it. It came with a flex hose that has a piece of pvc bonded into it as you can see. It shows just to stick the pvc up into the connection (very tight fit) and thats it (only goes about 1 inch into it). Will this not leak??? Is there anything i can put around the pvc to make sure it holds? Or would i even want to do that incasOverflow box connection ques with pic Overfl13e i want to disconnet incase i need to.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 3:56 pm

glue it...... IT will leak if you dont
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 4:52 pm

ok...what kind do i use? does it have to be fish safe or is there anysuch thing?
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 4:56 pm

pvc cement light blue color label
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 8:03 pm

Make sure you put glue in the bulk head fitting and on the outside of the pvc pipe. If you can, twist the pipe about a quarter turn after it is in the bulk head. This will help with the seal. If you can't it won't hurt any thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overflow box connection ques with pic   Overflow box connection ques with pic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overflow box connection ques with pic
Page 1 of 1