UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Empty
PostSubject: EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!   EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 8:00 pm

I bought a bunch of fake plastic aquarium plants off of ebay. All were still in the original packaging and I got 20 of them (from 6" - 16") for about $30 shipping included. I thought they looked a little cheesy but the fish don't care... Last night I did a 30% water change on my 75 gallon freshwater and added the 20 new plants. I dosed the tank with Microbe Lift Special Blend and turned the light off. I had to leave for work this morning at 6 AM, so I left the light off (I didn't want it on for the 12 hours I would be gone...) I got home tonight around 7 or so and flipped on my light and then came back 5 minutes later to feed the fish. --Usual behavior is Rainbows schooling with Rainbows, Tetras schooling with Tetras, etc, but when food is introduced- feeding FRENZY!--

Well, that did NOT happen tonight... I first noted that the Bosemanis seemed to be swimming along the top of the water (that seemed to have a film on it) and opening and closing their mouths without much thought or meaning, they looked like zombie fish. The swimming dead! The same was true with the scissortail rasboras and the pristella tetras. My candystripe pleco was on the side of my tank, highly unusual for him (he's usually chewing on wood and hiding). I threw some food in and absolutely NO ONE seemed to notice. It was at this point that my slight alarm became a frantic WTF? moment! I tested my water and immediately did an emergency water change. Water parameters were perfect: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, pH 7.6, Temperature 77 F. I don't know what was wrong with those plants, but I should have thrown them out upon reading the packaging and it listed Anglefish on the packaging (instead of Angelfish). BEWARE!!! Be extremely cautious of buying plants off of ebay. These had an almost soft unglazed pottery feel to the base. I will NEVER buy plants of that brand again. I'm not sure what "brand" they are but are some sort of import based on the Asian lettering on the packaging.

I only hope I caught this tragedy in time.....!!! EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! 196631
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!   EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 8:13 pm

Bummer. Sorry to hear that and hope your pull out. I would do a very large H2O change if you can. Like a 90 percent if you can. If your H2O is good enough quality the percentage won't hurt them. That will be the best chance of survival. I have pulled 100 percent H2O changes to get the fish in better H2O. I have my own well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!   EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 8:45 pm

Im sorry to hear that, Ill never buy any plants off ebay ! are ya gonna contact the seller?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!   EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 12:49 am

Who was the ebay seller give us heads up on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!   EEEEEPP!  Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EEEEEPP! Zombie Fish..... my ebay mistake!
Page 1 of 1