UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Brine Shrimp Eggs

Go down 
+2
CajunGator
SeaWitch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 11:19 am

I need to get some brine shrimp eggs for my son's science fair project. Can someone recommend a good name brand or a good place to get them online? I am also going to need an air pump, airline tubing, and some other aqua stuff, so I would like to get the brine shrimp from a place that sells other aquatic supplies, too. That will save me on shipping prices. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 11:44 am

have you tried Petco and PetSmart... they usually carry all of these items... If you dont see it , just ask... Most of the time the shipping cost usually covers the sales tax in most areas...
Back to top Go down
eep115
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : all time favorite,guppies,and to many others to list

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 12:04 pm

brinenshimp.com or jehmco have everything you need
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 12:05 pm

i got some off ebay. just watch out for the hatch rate.
Back to top Go down

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 12:32 pm

Most of your online shops such as Big Al's, That fish Place, Pets Mountain carry everything you need. Just watch the shipping costs. I like San Fransisco Bay brine shrimp eggs myself.
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 9:58 am

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I looked at Pet Smart online and they did not have them. The nearest Pet Smart is an hour drive from me and I didn't want to make a wasted trip if they didn't have them.
Back to top Go down

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 12:00 pm

San Fransisco bay brine shrimp have been around for a very very long time, they are a good company with good products.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 12:16 pm

Brine Shrimp Eggs 858205
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 5:02 pm

ok... here's an off the wall question.... If I were to have "Sea Monkey's" (brine shrimp sold in the kids toy section), could I feed these to my fish? I ask only because I have had great success raising these in the past, but yet everytime I try to raise other ones (such as the San Fransisco bay brand of brine shrimp) I cant get them past 3 days old....
Back to top Go down

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/23/2011, 7:52 pm

Yes you can
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:52 am

OKay, another question. After we hatch the brine shrimp, how do we keep them alive long enough for him to display them at his science fair? I have never hatched them before, so this is a new experience for my son and myself! I plan going by this to hatch them:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_brineshrimp_hatchery.php

Do I need to move them to another (bigger) container after they hatch? What all do I need to do to keep them alive? Thanks everyone!!!
Back to top Go down

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 1:06 pm

Good question. I never keep them past 3 days so I only know about hatching. I know they do sell food for them.
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 1:15 pm

I know with the "Sea Monkey's" they come with begining food for the newly hatched and adult food. When I was (much younger) I had kept them alive for a good 6 months or longer and they were breeding. I remember I had one that was white compared to the rest and he would follow my finger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brine Shrimp Eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brine Shrimp Eggs   Brine Shrimp Eggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brine Shrimp Eggs
Page 1 of 1