UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

brine shrimp set up

Go down 
+7
fabfish
lgsasquatch
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
ssteelhead
ilicurtisili
Rachael0805
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

brine shrimp set up Empty
PostSubject: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime1/31/2010, 8:55 pm

what do i need to get to start a brine shrimp farm? i wanna watch my fish chase around live brine.
thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 1:21 am

I dont know.........Any one????? I could use one too!
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 2:01 am

aren't sea monkeys brine shrimp?

if they are i think u just need eggs water and sunlight. i had a thing of them in 9th grade. filled the cuntainer with water, dumped the eggs in and set it in the window.
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 3:12 am

here's a link for how to do the brine shrimp thing seems pretty straightforward brine shrimp set up 690297

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Live%20Food,%20BS%20Eggs.htm
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 7:48 am

i just started to hatch brine agani for my baby calvus. i use a 2 liter bottle which i cut the top off. then i drilled a hole through the cap and glued in a air stone. i made a base for the bottle by useing a pvc pipe fitting about 3" diameter. i drill another hole through this so i can feed the hose though it.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 8:16 am

Pics. David. Please
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 10:27 am

sorry i recently deleted them from my photobucket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/1/2010, 12:29 pm

ssteelhead wrote:
here's a link for how to do the brine shrimp thing seems pretty straightforward brine shrimp set up 690297

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Live%20Food,%20BS%20Eggs.htm

thanks steel
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:07 pm

I have seen brine shrimp hatchery that hangs on the back of your tank so when the shrimp hatches they go directly into your tank. When I get home in a hour or so I will look it up and post a link for it.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:22 pm

wow that link would be helpful... i am interested in doing the brine shrimp for fish fry food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:56 pm

i like the hatchery thing on the back of the tank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 7:10 pm

brine shrimp set up 858205 i was thinking about getting one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 7:29 pm

Good info for those who have never hatched brine before.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 8:08 pm

Here is a link to one that i found awhile back. It hangs on the inside of the tank and does not take up much space at all.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+7954+10692&pcatid=10692
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 9:08 pm

thanks lgsasquatch for the link, i am going to look into that one.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 12:08 am

I have been inspired and I will be setting mine up this weekend! I will post pics as I go and keep you updated with how it is doing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 3:23 pm

they have brine shrimp hatchers you can buy. just need the hatcher, air pump, brine eggs, and whatever you feed the baby brine, i have seen some nice DIY brine hatching equipment where empty 2 liter soda bottles were used.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 3:48 pm

i just got mine in last week from F & S... trying it out this week..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 6:13 pm

alls i can find is diy things with two litter bottles
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 7:07 pm

Go to drsfosterandsmith.com I put a link to one they offer. I am sure other online stores have them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 9:08 pm

yeah there is plenty of stuff on brine hatching online, just have to search for it.
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:09 am

take a 2 litre flip upside down , cut topoff put a airstone in and water , teaspoon of salt and 1/2 cup brine eggs , 2 days later your in business ... best place to buy eggs , nwbrineshrimp.com ,,,, i actually put 5 in a 5 gal bucket and have my sump water go into it and as the brineshrimp hatch they get sucked through the return line and into my tank ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 12:41 am

yea im gonna set up the 2 liter bottle soon as i drink my grape soda. i like your idea with the return line
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 7:14 am

Might get me one of these:

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=10692

Anybody ever buy this? Thoughts on this product vs hatching baby brine yourself?

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16873
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 7:39 am

Think about how to do the brine shrimp without buying a worthless fancy gagdet. Try a gallon jar. Ridged tubing to remove brine. Use your brains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brine shrimp set up   brine shrimp set up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brine shrimp set up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next