UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)

Go down 
+3
steves_kiki
Petersmonkey
rustyx79
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyx79
Private
Private
rustyx79

Favorite Fish: : catfish and cichlids

14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Empty
PostSubject: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/11/2011, 10:18 pm

there are 2 oto cats, 3 corys, 2 glass cats in it right now.
14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) New_141714 gallon progress ( first planted tank) New_141814 gallon progress ( first planted tank) New_141914 gallon progress ( first planted tank) New_142014 gallon progress ( first planted tank) New_1421
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 12:42 am

What's the huge bag of gravel doing there again?

I have seen it before... but I have no idea what it's used for,,,,
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 2:02 am

I love the rocks on the sand idea... let me know how that bamboo does submerged in water. I always assumed the leaves would rot.

Kin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 2:31 am

the bamboo and the 2 variegated plants should not be totally submerged they are not aquatic plants even though they are sold as aquatics. They will die and foul up your water. Everything else looks wonderful.

Peter the bag is gravel from another tank to help seed beneficial bacteria.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 10:27 am

Looks great! yes
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 10:33 am

I was wondering about the bamboo. I like the curviness of it.

Looks good but you might have to remove the plants that vixen mentioned.
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 10:35 am

FishVixen wrote:
the bamboo and the 2 variegated plants should not be totally submerged they are not aquatic plants even though they are sold as aquatics. They will die and foul up your water.

that would explain why I have always had trouble keeping the varigated plants.... I was wondering about the bamboo, just never tried it. Thank you Vixen :)
Back to top Go down
hatman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
hatman

Favorite Fish: : I don't have favorite a fish, but I really enjoy my Christmas Fulu's. Also my 125g community tank.

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 10:36 am

Did the bamboo fully submerged once, definitely will turn brown and die off. Have it as a bog plant now and growing good. Tank looks good though!
Back to top Go down
rustyx79
Private
Private
rustyx79

Favorite Fish: : catfish and cichlids

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 1:26 pm

well i took those plants back today, and i changed the tank around some. its lokin better im i got my money back,
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime1/12/2011, 1:36 pm

Money back is always good! 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) 393849

I like store credit too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)   14 gallon progress ( first planted tank) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

14 gallon progress ( first planted tank)
Page 1 of 1