UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

fun pics:)

Go down 
+3
wildbeanerz
08can-am
cwhip
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

fun pics:) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 6:26 am

First topic message reminder :

fun pics:) - Page 2 029-11
fun pics:) - Page 2 020-11
fun pics:) - Page 2 014-17
fun pics:) - Page 2 028-7
fun pics:) - Page 2 004-31
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 8:41 am

wildbeanerz wrote:
Is Todds store near you Cindy? I always miss it when he is selling stuff off so cheap!! fun pics:) - Page 2 196631 That would be cool to come down to your place and go over to his in the same trip fun pics:) - Page 2 393849
he is 10 miles up the road from me:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:41 am

I don't have a saltwater YET but I want to go. You 3 are bad for my MTS you know!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:46 am

Just do it! You can go my route, and use reef to cure your MTS.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:48 am

FishVixen wrote:
I don't have a saltwater YET but I want to go. You 3 are bad for my MTS you know!

nahhh just turn a freshy tank into a saltwater tank thats where I started then before I new it I had all reefs fun pics:) - Page 2 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:56 am

The tank I have it's the lighting that holds me back! $$$ lol!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:00 am

You know where I got my light Vixen and the price. It isn't top of the line but it serves it's purpose for me right now. I can always upgrade later. I'm thinking my next upgrade is a skimmer or HOB fuge. Just have to research and figure out some pricing.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:02 am

vixen: what size tank? I've got a 30" 2x65w PC with LED moon light fixture in my garage I'd like to sell for 40$ (but no legs) This will fit a standard 29, or a 20L and grow softies all day.

beaner: I advocate the hob fuge. You can get a hob fuge/skimmer combo from aquatraders on the cheap. If you can handle something with cosmetic blemishes there's ebay for CPR aquafuge with PS integrated for about half what a shiny new one would cost you.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:13 am

i have an hob fuge in my closet:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:48 am

48" 55 gal. so I need to spend some on lighting.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:54 am

have you looked at the aquatilife straight T5 fixtures?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 11:56 am

x2 for aquaticlife t5 fixtures. You can't go wrong with integrated digital timers.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:08 pm

yes they are great fixtures I have the 72" HID T5 combo on my tank the only thing I would change is they only made the LED's 1 watt each which imo barley even passes for moonlight but its still a great light. I got an email from them a few weeks ago and they are now making the Suspension arms for them as another mounting option.
pope did you see the spider reflectors link I sent you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:11 pm

on a budget due to disability is my only income! lol! Rent comes first, lol!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:14 pm

I did. I'm going through calculators on a different site to estimate monthly cost of operating the system. Still haven't decided on MH vs t5. If I do t5 I'm looking at the aquaticlife 6x54w or the tek 8x54w lights. If I do MH it's going to be 2x250w MH with 2x54w t5 (with fiji purples) for supplement all retrofit. The benefit of the retrofit involves the wife having a place to put cute stuff on top of the tank.

Incidently it's about 10 dollars a month cheaper to run the t5s
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:31 pm

you can get just as good of growth out of 150watt MH so why go 250 watt?
in the 150 watt run 10k MH bulbs it will give all the light you need to support even the most hard to grow SPSs without as much electric consumption. another nice thing about the Aquaticlife fixtures with the HID's is being able to spot light corals there not many fixtures out there that allow you to point the light where you need it
just a thought:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:32 pm

I can handle the $10 a month it's the initial layout cost for good lighting. I just keep watching CL. lol!
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:36 pm

See Ursula me and you gonna get to fighting lol. I surf craigslist too. If you see anything up my way let me know. I could always pick it up for you and you could meet me near broad somewhere. northern va always has alot of stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:39 pm

You're ON!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:43 pm

cwhip wrote:
in the 150 watt run 10k MH bulbs it will give all the light you need to support even the most hard to grow SPSs without as much electric consumption. another nice thing about the Aquaticlife fixtures with the HID's is being able to spot light corals there not many fixtures out there that allow you to point the light where you need it

I've got someone offering me 2x250 ballast and moguls for 50 bucks. Kind of hard to pass over when all I'll need are the reflectors and bulbs.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:46 pm

popebosephus wrote:
cwhip wrote:

I've got someone offering me 2x250 ballast and moguls for 50 bucks. Kind of hard to pass over when all I'll need are the reflectors and bulbs.

Duh thats right! sorry yeah I see I would pass it up either. did you see those reflectors I sent the link to? will they fit?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 12:52 pm

Dang. Nice Pics!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 1:00 pm

A HOB in the closet huh? Cindy you seem to have it all!!!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 1:23 pm

no April I just keep setting up tanks then changing my mind then I end up with excess parts:)
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 2:35 pm

Did you want to get rid of the HOB fuge that you have? And how big is it?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 2:56 pm

I saw the reflectors. Those look like they'd work fine.
Back to top Go down
MOBANYLI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : FLASHING TILE-FISH, BLUE ZAIRE MOBA/KAPAMPA GIBBEROSA,POWDER BLUE TANG, ACHILLES TANG
1 90 GALLON MOBA TANK / 12 INCH BLUE BULB FOR NIGHT
1 30 GALLON SMALL SOFT CORAL / 12 INCH ACAN LED
1 125G ACRYLIC REEF WITH CENTER OVERFLOW
2 ACAN 24INCH LED'S

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 11:08 am

NICE JAW FISH, I HAD ONE UNTIL A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. HE WAS OLD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fun pics:)   fun pics:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fun pics:)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next