UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

pics of 55 new set-up

Go down 
+15
KMX
alan j t
D'Claro
TankGirl
jessecichlidguy
MarkM
istrober
nitty
Shaysfishys
MCHRKiller
Jeepluv77
Holey Rock of Texas
wildbeanerz
Elrollo
goodpick
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

pics of 55 new set-up Empty
PostSubject: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 7:13 pm

Well who say it's expensive to set up a 55 gal. I bought a bag of pea gravel and a bag of potting soil for under $8 everything else was free or already had. I mode the hood with 2 screw in 100W CF bulbs and old plywood I had on hand.

pics of 55 new set-up Aquariummiscpainted050

pics of 55 new set-up Aquariummiscpainted053

pics of 55 new set-up Aquariummiscpainted059

pics of 55 new set-up Aquariummiscpainted064
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 8:03 pm

Very nice! I love a thrifty tank lol!
Back to top Go down
goodpick
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
goodpick

Favorite Fish: : Just love fish

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 10:04 pm

that is a very cool set up and low in cost you rock yes
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 10:45 pm

wow now i do not want to post my 55 lol good

Awesome looking tank
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/20/2010, 6:56 am

That is a very cool setup! Cheap is just a bonus! pics of 55 new set-up 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/20/2010, 11:01 am

very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 12:09 am

Beautiful tank! I love the way the light filter's through. Looks like a slice of a river dropped into a tank.
Back to top Go down
MCHRKiller
Private
Private
MCHRKiller

Favorite Fish: : Oscar, Geophagus, Angels, Bettas

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 12:56 am

Wow, very nice! Probably one of the most natural tanks I have yet to see :)
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 1:12 am

Kudos!!! Looks great!!!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 7:12 am

I love it.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 7:26 am

Beautiful Vixen!, looks very natural....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 9:38 am

why thanks guys and gals. I had fun planning this one, I want different stock eventually it's just fish I had in other tanks for the time being. the PH is low at 5.8 so thinking eventually discus with black water extract.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 8:03 pm

Looking good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 10:47 pm

you may recognize some of the plants Alan. lol! I must say Alan has great plants.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:11 pm

very nice ...... well done
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 1:49 pm

What kind of potting soil do you use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 2:32 pm

off brand from Lowes just be sure no ferts and organic. Put it in a pillowcase and boil for 2 hours to remove some tannins.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 5:40 pm

Gorgeous tank! Love this natural look - well done. pics of 55 new set-up 393849

How is the pH maintained so low? Are you using R/O water? Maybe you need to buy this pair of P. leopoldi from me, wild caught, since they need pretty low pH if they are to spawn, and I can't provide that. You could get good money for leopoldi fry.

Heiko Bleher happened to see a post I made about these fish when I got them and helped ID them, because they were sold to me as wild scalares. He gave me a ton of good info about them, but assured me they needed extremely soft acidic water to spawn, much like your 55.... chin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 5:46 pm

between the driftwood and soil base it automatically drops.Those would be nice but not in the budget at the moment if you know what I mean, With 8 tanks the electric bill is due. lol!
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 6:29 pm

I hear you, sister! My awesome Lake Tang setup is sittin there, pH rockin at 8.1, everything good to go, but no shekels for the frontosa!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:35 am

FishVixen that's a very beautiful tank, very natural looking with mysterious depths.

I'm interested in the background. Can you describe it? It looks like lichen growing or something.
Very nice!
fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:42 am

I sponge painted the background.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:44 am

It looks great! pics of 55 new set-up 393849
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:54 am

nice lookin tank, the backround is genius! nice plants too. wink wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:55 am

They are growing like crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pics of 55 new set-up   pics of 55 new set-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pics of 55 new set-up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next