UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

some of my various plants

Go down 
+3
alan j t
istrober
KMX
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

some of my various plants Empty
PostSubject: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 10:15 am

some of my various plants DSCN4128
2. Echinodorus angustifolia 'Vesuvius
some of my various plants DSCN4129
3.Bacopa Monnieri
some of my various plants DSCN4130
4. southern water nymph and ludwiga Repens
some of my various plants DSCN4131
5. ludwigia Repens 'Arcuata'
some of my various plants DSCN4132
6.Alternanthera reineckii var 'roseafolia'
some of my various plants DSCN4133
7.Rotala 'nanjenshan'
some of my various plants DSCN4134
8. ludwigia Repens
some of my various plants DSCN4135
9. crypt of some variety
some of my various plants DSCN4136
10.crypt of some variety
some of my various plants DSCN4138
11. trident fern
some of my various plants DSCN4139
12. giant hygro
some of my various plants DSCN4140
13. babys tears
some of my various plants DSCN4142
15. micro sword Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
some of my various plants DSCN4143
16.crypt Wendtii's
some of my various plants DSCN4144
17.Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides'
some of my various plants DSCN4145
some of my various plants DSCN4146
19. crypt Wendtii's
some of my various plants DSCN4147
20. micro sword Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
some of my various plants DSCN4148
21. thin leaf anachris (Egeria najas?)
some of my various plants DSCN4149
22.Rotala rotundifolia
some of my various plants DSCN4150
23. thin leaf giant hygro
some of my various plants DSCN4151
some of my various plants DSCN4153
25. yet another variant of ludwigia
some of my various plants DSCN4154

That's a good number of the plants I have, please excuse the quality of some of the pics

Last edited by Fern on 12/30/2010, 8:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 10:19 am

Very nice Fern.

Do you anymore of that duck weed? I LOVE THAT STUFF. Please send me some of that when you do send.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 10:23 am

I have to do an exorcism of it on my betta tanks, I will wait to do that till I am boxing yours up and you will get all that I have some of my various plants 393849
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 10:24 am

oh boy lol!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 11:06 am

I got a lot a duckweed right now..., i fern's doenst have anymore ill give u some..
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 12:33 pm

looks good. whats that one called in pic 14 and 19. i like it! would you be willing to sell me some in the early spring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 12:37 pm

I think its micro chain sword and yes.
It does the best in my discus tank so it should do well for you some of my various plants 393849
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 1:48 pm

Good looking plants!! good
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:29 pm

Duckweed....I did a lot of de-weeding today. lol! Two more tanks to go.

Now you have to go back and label all those plants.. ;o)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:31 pm

lol! half of them I haven't the slightest idea what they are called lol! But I can tell you light requirements and all that jazz lol!
I will label the ones I know
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:35 pm

Your E. Angustifolia, 2nd pic, looks like you need to pull it up just a tad. Looks a bit deep in the sand. If you don't mind me suggesting that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:21 pm

That's a runner of 5 plants on its 5th or 6th planting, it kept coming up so I stuck the center one deep. I have a massive on in my discus tank, it is quite happy in there with runners running the length of the 90g tank.

Happy now with the names? Correct me if I'm wrong on any
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:52 pm

dang you have an aquatic jungle
nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:57 pm

Why thank you! And that's not all of them lol! There are more hiding in various tanks and in my sump
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:59 pm

Fern wrote:

Happy now with the names?

I was just teasin ya. I gotta watch what I say...er....type. ;o)

I know what you mean about the runners. It can get to be a chore.

Let me try to help you a bit too if you don't mind.

1) Can't really tell. The one in the middle right? Looks like a sag but not certain.
3) Looks to be Bacopa Monnieri
4) Najas and Ludwiga Repens
5) Kinda reminds me of L. Repens 'Arcuata' but it's shiny which is throwing me off a bit.
8) L. Repens

The crypts are tough. 16 and 19 are Wendtii's.

24) Looks like B. Monnieri from that angle.
25) Looks to be L. Repens again.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:00 pm

Fern wrote:
There are more hiding in various tanks and in my sump

Pic, pic...show us the pic. Gotta see my future ray tank. ;o)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:03 pm

James you can build a redneck sump just like Ferns it would be cheaper than shipping from Fl. lol!
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:04 pm

FishVixen wrote:
James you can build a redneck sump just like Ferns it would be cheaper than shipping from Fl. lol!

I got plenty of family down there. I'll just drive down there and pick it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:10 pm

Fern if your sump goes missing let me know it will be in Va. lol! I'll visit it at James house.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:24 pm

You can come down any time you like to see it in person so you can build your own lol!

The help is very appreciated on the names, I buy all sorts of plants, if its pretty and something I don't have I get it lol! It will grow well in one of the various tanks lol!

#3 sounds right
#25 is a leaf size in between the Repens and 'Arcuata', I know I have 3 variety's on the ludwigia
#5 is just the way the light is hitting it.
#1 the owner of my lfs couldn't tell me either lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:25 pm

James if my sump goes missing you will be getting a visit from Fred haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:29 pm

get rid of #1 it's a hybrid! rofl
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:33 pm

LOL...I keep staring at it trying to figure it out. I still wanna say Sag. If you get any other pics, post em up.
Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:59 pm

Good evening ladies and gents, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR, not a bunch of sub up people that think they now everything about fish or plants, you guys have impresed the hell out of me am just your average blue collar worker that got a 4 day notice over the phone back on sept/08 and what can I say am working and trying to help this place be a better place, thank you guys for this, getting back to fern's plant their are awesome, whether 1 thru 10 are hybrids folks their are making O2 and without that ??????????????????, again I thank you guys for this, I showed up and I never introduced my self am kinda squrlie with the computer, pls forgiveme, I introduced my self to the boss, and I hope he can recap back on my info to him about my self, again thank for all your help.
ps. any question about heating, cooling (LOL AM SHURE THAT GOES GREAT WITH YOU FOLKS UP NORTH), or ventilation I can help, some one started a area about other pets, what about Items some of us can help other with like doit your selfs at home (making maid self clear no short curts, its your home), well that's enough for now, thanks for being who you are. some of my various plants 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 9:06 pm

Thanks for the compliments sschult.we have "the lounge" you can put non fish related threads in if you would like. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some of my various plants   some of my various plants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some of my various plants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next