UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Getting your female to spit.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Getting your female to spit. Empty
PostSubject: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/16/2009, 10:46 pm

This is how I do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppae6oFPsGU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 6:50 am

lol! Good thread topic lol!
But the video is not of getting a female to spit but of some huge fish.........
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 8:53 am

Hey what happen... Getting your female to spit. Lol I put the wrong one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEtO7v6qsc&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 8:57 am

Cool good to know!
Here is one with instructions too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deJJNyxaFyY&NR=1
Back to top Go down
zobofonian
Private First Class
Private First Class
zobofonian

Favorite Fish: : Freshwater - My angels, since I was a child they've been my favorite

Saltwater - I'd have to say my Humu Humu Picasso or my Gigantic Snowflake EEL

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 9:00 am

I just scoop her up hold her in a kitchen bowl with some water and pry her mouth open with a pencil eraser. I recently pulled about 28 fry from a 2.5 in red zebra female we had
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 9:01 am

heres another.... Not sure about the q-tip working so well though....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPV9lGac64&NR=1

How long do yall let your females hold for before you do this?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 9:02 am

With a pencil eraser? Getting your female to spit. Lol I have never herd of that. What is the story behind this? just use my hands.
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 8:41 pm

The q-tip works perfectly. I have striped everything from fronts to cyps and never had a problem. Put some tank water in a bucket and hold the female in your hand. Gently pull her bottom lip down by hanging the q-tip in her teeth. She will do the rest for you.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 7:31 am

For Mbunas I use a dental syringe, for Frontosa index finger is enough, my fronts seems to know when to open up once they felt my forefinger in front of their mouths. There is a trick however for cyprichromis, they have a "magic button" under their chin. If you press the right spot they will open their mouths without hardly any effort from you. They have very thin lips and you do not want to damage them during strip.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 9:34 am

khrister wrote:
"magic button" under their chin. If you press the right spot they will open their mouths without hardly any effort from you. They have very thin lips and you do not want to damage them during strip.

Thats how I roll everytime. Getting your female to spit. 690297
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting your female to spit.   Getting your female to spit. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting your female to spit.
Page 1 of 1