UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Momma Spit Wrigglers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

Momma Spit Wrigglers Empty
PostSubject: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 5:21 pm

My yellow lab momma spit out wrigglers instead of fry. Is there a way to keep the wrigglers alive without a tumbler?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 5:27 pm

where did she spit them. if you leave her with the little ones most of the time she will pick them back up if you leave the room.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 5:32 pm

We moved her into a "birthing" tank Saturday and she spit them in there. She is still in there with them.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 6:02 pm

well increase the flow to try to prevent a fungus from growing.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 6:35 pm

Will do. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:08 pm

If they are wiggling a good amount then they should be fine. Sometimes when I think a young female is going to spit early I do it for her just to get the most of what I can outta of the fry. If they have tails and are wiggling then they should be just fine. Do you know how old they are?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:18 pm

they will be fine if you have a good flow and no fish to eat them in the tank lol. you should be fine and congrat!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:21 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
and no fish to eat them in the tank lol. !

I hope thats the case. lol!
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:43 pm

only fish in the tank are momma and the babies. In the seven years I bred cichlids, I never had one spit prematurely.

Not sure of age, but they have tails and I can see them looking around. Eyes are clear. Egg sacks are about a fifth to a quarter size of the body.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:46 pm

They should be fine alone.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:58 pm

Momma Spit Wrigglers 265353
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Momma Spit Wrigglers   Momma Spit Wrigglers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Momma Spit Wrigglers
Page 1 of 1