UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

feeding apistogramma cacatuoides

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mjrkiller308
Private
Private
mjrkiller308

feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Empty
PostSubject: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 3:32 pm

hi i just got a male and a female young pair of cockatoo cichlids and i was woundering if they would eat my hikari cichlid staple cuz i put it in there and they havent touched it i thinkit may be because they are bottom dwellers and dont like to go up in wter much cuz they are afraid of predator fish idk though wats ur take on it

Last edited by mjrkiller308 on 12/12/2010, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 3:35 pm

They would do better with small sinking pellets I would think.
Back to top Go down
mjrkiller308
Private
Private
mjrkiller308

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 6:05 pm

ok sounds good any suggestions on brand other than hikari ty
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 6:12 pm

where did you get them at im looking for a pair myself and the price you paid
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 6:41 pm

lol me too but i think im going to try rift to reef wen i get my lazy @$$ off the pc and actually have the money lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 7:01 pm

I haven't done any research on them so I wouldn't know, I just know they prefer the food to come to them.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 11:02 pm

The various SA Dwarf Cichlids will eat a variety of foods.....Flake, pellet, freeze dried, frozen, and live foods........Young fish and females can't eat as big a piece as males so you need to have food that is of varying size.........Try frozen adult brine shrimp at first as the fish are probably still stressed from transport to your tank.....They are also pH sensitive as they usually are bred in lower pH and soft water.....If you have high pH and hard water you may have a while before they acclimate if at all.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 7:47 am

I have had luck with frozen brine, freeze dried blood/tubiflex worms, earthworm/spirulina garlic flakes. They also like the temp. a little warm...78-84 degs. I also agree 100% with Dano if pH is a high they usually will not eat.

Do you have anything else in the tank with them? How long have you had them? Do you have tons of hiding places if they have tankmates?

Love the dwarf SA cichlids le us know how it is going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeding apistogramma cacatuoides   feeding apistogramma cacatuoides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeding apistogramma cacatuoides
Page 1 of 1