UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

apistogramma cacatuoides and friends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vgould
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Fundulo Panchax Sjoestedti (Blue Gularis)

apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Empty
PostSubject: apistogramma cacatuoides and friends   apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 10:39 am

I have a 75 gallon tank that I want to set up. I'm thinking about 1 male apistogramma cacatuoides triple red and 3 females. This may be a stretch, but for dither fish I'm wanting to use some rainbows (pseudomugil furcatus or gertrudae) and also some smaller killifish (such as Aphyosemion Celiae).

I'll have to double-check to make sure all fish can live with the same water conditions, but I just wanted to check to see if the apistogramma will kill everything else or live in reasonable peace.

Can anyone recommend any smaller, less aggressive cichlids that might go well with this tank? I just saw the triple red for the first time and it's a really beautiful fish. I'm not too familiar with cichlids, so wanted to check to see if anyone else had some favorites they could recommend.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: apistogramma cacatuoides and friends   apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:04 am

Google apistogramma cacatuoides and read all the articles.....I have kept and bred several of the SA dwarfs, but one trio per ten gallon tank with no other fish so I can't really comment on what they will do in a community tank environment.......
Back to top Go down
vgould
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Fundulo Panchax Sjoestedti (Blue Gularis)

PostSubject: Re: apistogramma cacatuoides and friends   apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:57 am

Thanks Dano.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: apistogramma cacatuoides and friends   apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 3:44 pm

I have recently been looking up info on goodeid's there are many mentions of them doing well with dwarf cichlids....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: apistogramma cacatuoides and friends   apistogramma cacatuoides and friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

apistogramma cacatuoides and friends
Page 1 of 1