UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Angels not eating

Go down 
+3
plantedtankdude
Elrollo
Petersmonkey
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:01 pm

I just got an Angel breeding size about 5 days ago and it hasn't ate anything since it got into my 10 gallon tank. I try to feed it all the kind of food I have and it still won't eat. I have a few small guppys and a few small black moor in there and I was going to remove them as soon as possible because the Angel will hurt them but it was the other way around. My guppys and black Moors wont stop picking on it... I did a water check and everything was normal... so i have no idea why it's not eating...

plz help
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:17 pm

For one thing 10 gals is to small for him. If you have a black moore with him what is the temp of the tank. One is a cold water fish the other a tropical. Guppies will pick on the long fins. He is probably stressed to the max.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:03 am

So I can't put him alone in a 10 gallon even after I remove the guppys and black moor? I see I see.... humm
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:18 am

A 10 gallon is kinda small for an angel mine are breeding they are close to 8" for bottom fin to top fin thats really sqeezing them in with a 10 gallon tank. Black moors also get a decent size and would eventually out grow the 10 gallon tank. Guppies are excellent fish for a 10 gallon tank toss a few plants in there and let them go.
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:49 am

If you leave him in the 10 you have a very high risk of stunting his growth which is a big no no.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:26 am

I see.... Iama have to move him to my 37 gallon but there are some silver dollars and giants Dianos in there... this is another problem...I might need to get a new Tank for it but it needs to be cycled quick...
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:41 am

No silver dollars and danios will attach his fins for sure. Use filters media, decorations, gravel, plants, etc... from established tanks for a quick cycle. You can also use the whole filter from another tank. I always have extra filters running in tanks just in case. Sponge filters are great for this.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:57 am

Yeah.. that's what Iam doing right now.... I hope the Angel can hold off just a few more days before it's get's in trouble... I cant put the the black moors with the silver dollars or dianos cuz they will be dead in mere hours.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 6:38 am

I've got a 20 gallon that's doesn't have any thing in it yet, if you need to rehome him/her or I could give it a home with the other angels in my 55 gallon.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 9:32 am

If you've got room for the tank, I have a 55 frameless I can loan you long term. I could also get you some media with bacteria to help get things started. PM me and we'll see what we can work out.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 2:54 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciated. Iam have decided to use a 55 gallon for my angels and see how it will work out. If not I'll just give them to you guys because I do NOT want these angles to die... they been with me for about a year and they were awesome fish. I will need how ever some great media if anyone has good ones.
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 4:13 pm

media is the used filter from your other tanks. When you change them instead of throwing them away stick them in a corner of the tank. The beneficial bacteria well not die that way.
Back to top Go down
bobby
Private
Private

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 7:29 pm

check the water temperature and the clean your aquarium and let it sit for a night then put them back in
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 8:30 pm

The thing is Iam not sure if my the media from my 37 and 46 gallon are that beneficial lol... I might try some from petsmart or something.

Now here is a pic of the Angel that's not eating. And I notice there is a red line under its fin.... I try to do some resurch but nothing really came up,,, what do you guys think the problem with is? and also the fish scale seems to be pealing for some reason...

Here are the pics:

Angels not eating 017ec

Angels not eating 016jes

Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 10:08 pm

How big is he? he looks deformed with a very small tail and irregular body shape and bloated. Try feeding him shelled frozen peas. He needs to be in a QT before everyone is sick. Use a bucket if you have to. I use 30 gal plastic storage boxes half filled.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 10:25 pm

FishVixen wrote:
How big is he? he looks deformed with a very small tail and irregular body shape and bloated. Try feeding him shelled frozen peas. He needs to be in a QT before everyone is sick. Use a bucket if you have to. I use 30 gal plastic storage boxes half filled.

He is about 4 in long and 4 in tall... I been treating it with Melafix ... and frozen peas? I see i see
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 10:33 pm

I wonder what the ammonia level in the tank is.....The Angel is suffering stress that is probably from poor water quality...(high ammonia and nitrite)
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 11:13 pm

I hope he wasn't from a LFS if so I would return him ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 11:43 pm

Yeah he is.... I think it's good idea to return him... Man Iam looking for some healthy Angels.... I might as well go on the WTB forums later.

And I had the PH and water checked.. and they were all normal. So Iam guessing it;s the Angel it self whos having problems...
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 12:53 am

Best to get a freshwater liquid test kit of your own as some shops will use test stripes which are very unreliable
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 1:16 am

FishVixen wrote:
Best to get a freshwater liquid test kit of your own as some shops will use test stripes which are very unreliable

I have always done in petsmart but I guess I need my own anyways because later on the breeding Tanks needs it too... good idea.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 1:37 pm

"And I had the PH and water checked.. and they were all normal. So I am guessing it;s the Angel it self who's having problems"

What does "were all normal" mean?.....A tank with a constant high ammonia and low pH could have a normal test range showing high ammonia and low pH......Giving the exact values obtained from good test kits would be more helpful and a true indication as what might be bothering your fish.......The Angel might be suffering from bad conditions at the place where you bought it if their "normal" water quality is bad.....The Angel may have had a preexisting disease or injury from shipping and it's time in the store tanks......................Testing your self with good liquid type kits for pH and ammonia on a regular basis will help you more than anything else.......I believe that pH and ammonia are the most important of the various tests......They are quick and you know right away if your water quality needs attention.
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 6:02 pm

Angels not eating 858205
You need to return him. Wait till you have the proper sized tank for an angel before you get another.... A 10g is no place for an angel!
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:12 pm

I got my self a 55 Gallon for the Angels but I think the 10 gallon is big enough for breeding, but I will just have to see.

I have returned the 2 Angels I got from the Pet Place if any of you guys know where that is. Now Iam just waiting for the 55 to cycle around.
Back to top Go down

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:16 pm

for breeding angels a 20 H or 20 gal is suggested I use 20L at first now I use 29's to breed angels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angels not eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels not eating   Angels not eating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angels not eating
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next