UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Aggressive Angels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 11:00 pm

I had my 2 Angels for around a year now and everything is fine. But then Thankgiving weekend I went to my moms house to check on them the bigger golden one kept picking on the smaller striped one, it never done that before. They are in a 46 Gallon Euro Tank which I think is about 50 Gallons so I dont think space is the problem.

And now the Smaller striped one is just hiding from the bigger one and can't really come out...

What do you guys think the problem is? i dont think it's mating either...

Plz help out
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 11:22 pm

2 males, one being the alpha male. i think
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 11:31 pm

Interesting..... so pretty much it's an Alpha Male trying to get another male to lay eggs iam guessing... this can be a serious problem then...
Back to top Go down

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/5/2010, 12:09 am

I also suspect 2 males. If it were 2 females they would lay eggs still. Do you have plenty of tall plants in the tank?
Back to top Go down

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/5/2010, 1:16 am

You will probably need to remove one from the tank. Angels are cichlids and have the attitude to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/5/2010, 7:28 pm

FishVixen wrote:
I also suspect 2 males. If it were 2 females they would lay eggs still. Do you have plenty of tall plants in the tank?

Yes I do. And plenty of hiding places..
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime12/5/2010, 7:32 pm

or you could add more angels to spread the aggreaqssion, but in the long run it will add more problems instead.

i love angels, soon i will purchase some pinoy angels!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aggressive Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aggressive Angels   Aggressive Angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aggressive Angels
Page 1 of 1