UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

java moss ques

Go down 
+2
James0816
wblueus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/1/2010, 11:45 pm

I've had my java moss for 2 yrs now and a few weeks ago noticed there is a little (not alot) brown mostly in the center of it...Is this normal? does some of it just die off over time? Or maybe its just cause the light isnt getting to the center ??
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 7:36 am

Does the brown look to be the moss itself or detrius from the tank? Moss is great for catching all kinds of goodies in it.

If the moss itself is physically turning brown, then there is something awry with it. JM is pretty hardy and can withstand a wide range of change. This includes being left out for a period of time.
Back to top Go down

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 9:05 am

It may just be chocking itself out, I bet it just needs some thinning.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 9:09 am

Both good points & very possible.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:05 am

if you thin it out let me know ill buy some from you thanks pm me if so
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:37 am

mines growing green hairs on it(I think algea). i lower the light time and still is not going away and i also stop dosing florish.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:43 am

Fern wrote:
It may just be chocking itself out, I bet it just needs some thinning.

I know how this goes ... I have a huge wad of it in a 55 tank. Between it and the Bolbitis, they have taken over 3/4 of the tank. Maybe I'll get over the embarassment and take pre-trim picture of it. That tank is my rainy day tank and has two clown plecs in it. They love the cover ... for now. crazy
Back to top Go down

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:49 am

I have a few fry tanks like that, its more like jungle moss than java moss funny
And when it gets like that some of the middle dies off.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 1:55 pm

Bring some to the meet and greet ......everyone loves this stuff
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 6:14 pm

yea its the moss itself turning brown in the center part of it..i dont have a whole lot of it but it is kinda bunched togather i will thin it out this weekend...Is there any certain way to cut it or does that not matter???
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 6:35 pm

nope...no certain way. you can just pull it apart.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 6:36 pm

Elrollo wrote:
Bring some to the meet and greet ......everyone loves this stuff

I may just have to do that. Few other plants as well. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:18 pm

Yup just stretch it out.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime12/3/2010, 2:19 am

Excellent....If Java moss is attached to anything be careful puling it apart you might rip it off the rock or log it is attached to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

java moss ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: java moss ques   java moss ques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

java moss ques
Page 1 of 1