UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Ex-Cichlasoma Festae

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 6:17 pm

Ok i have kept Festae's in the past but i have never had one like this male. I have a Male about 7-8'', and Female who has spawned with him before about 5-6''. The thing is that he is just being a @$$ whipe. I mean i know they are on the aggressive side but this Male killed a 7'' Jack Dempsey (was hoping i could throw in another fish to distract him a distribute the wrath a bit but nope he just worked on that one fish till it killed it (made it jump out of the tank threw the glass tops). He has gotten aggressive with the female but no where like he was with the JD. What should i do in order to tame the aggression and what not. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 10:13 pm

you could get a fish to beat him up
get one bigger and badder then him it should calm him
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 11:43 pm

Get a Giant Gourami!That will teach him a lesson!
Back to top Go down
fishinabowl
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime11/25/2010, 9:06 pm

I would be interested in purchasing this par from you. I have a 320 gallon tank waiting for a pair of festae
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime11/26/2010, 12:06 pm

well i wish you the best of luck on finding a pair. My Female is taking care of over 200 free swimmers atm. I answer any one that might be wondering how I redirected the males aggression here goes. I added some flower horns that were about the same size as the Festae's. This is what is called the Target Fish. Any fish that is Hardy and can take some punishment can work as a Target Fish. Once added the Female was out and about more often. She at this point became the aggressor. The Male left the Festae Female alone and let her beat every other fish up in the tank. After about 2 days of this happening she went right to clearing the pot. 4 Days after this she had spawned with the male. I had tried the Dither fish tactics with these fish with no luck. The Festae Male needs another fish about the same size to redirect the aggression. Hope this helps anyone that might be trying to breed some Bully Breeds. Good Luck to all of you!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime11/26/2010, 3:06 pm

cool, thanks for the information... experience, experience with these super aggresive fish is almost necessary...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Cichlasoma Festae   Ex-Cichlasoma Festae Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Cichlasoma Festae
Page 1 of 1