UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New from Cape Coral, Fl

Go down 
+7
KMX
jaiko1975
goodpick
mike205
istrober
BFinley
bcijoe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

New from Cape Coral, Fl Empty
PostSubject: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 1:25 pm

Well here I am, finally!
hi

I have heard about this site for a while and never really took the time to look around...
Have moved around quite a abit over the last few years and haven't been settled enough to really get back into fish like I have wanted to.

My name is Joe, single male, 34, living now in Cape Coral. First remember keeping 'my own fish' at the age of 4.. lol They didn't live too long for me back then but I learned quick.

For the last 15+ years i've been an exotic animal broker and breeder, so i've kept and bred just about everything you can think of and more. Always loved aquatics!

Have kept freshwater, brackish and very minor saltwater, but never really got into the African Cichlids. I also LOVE Bettas and have bred them many years ago.

My favorite type of setup would be a natural looking planted aquarium with tetras and other small, pretty community fish.

I used to belong to my local Fish Club over at the NY Aquarium in Coney Island, Brooklyn.

I'm currently living in a 2BR in Cape Coral and have just a 125g and a 10g setup.

The 10g is just a simple setup with black sand, some albino and normal cherry barbs, ghost shrimp, white fin rosy tetras, a trio of guppies and some whip tail catfish.

The 125g is quite complicated... i'm investigating new fish I haven't really kept before.

Over the last year or so it went from a heavily planted community tank of over 100 small fish, to a bare Koi tank, to what it is now...

Blue Sand, a few caves, drift wood and plants, and these fish:

Large albino tinfoil barbs, gold tinfoil barbs, green, albino and normal tiger barbs, albino buenos aires tetras, blue rams, some pacus (about to be moved), spotted puffers, abramite headstanders, leoporinus fasciatus, filamentis barbs, colombian tetras, silver dollars, bala/tricolor shark, kissing gouramies, pink tailed/golden sharks, abn and alfbn plecos, flame tip pleco, regular pleco, dojo loaches, dinosaur bichir, clown loaches, striated botias, flounders, bumblebee catfish, rainbow sharks, synodontis eupterus, and a white lobster.

Say that all really fast three times... sick

but again that is experimental and already about 10 of those fish are being moved asap.

Also have several Bettas right now, such as some lace or cellphane, combtail, crowntail, giant, dragon scales, and a really nice tourqouise and white BHM male I shockingly found at Petco one day!

Some other animals I keep at the moment - chameleons, geckos, snakes, frogs, scorpions, tarantulas, rats, mice, and more.

So would love to meet like minded people, talk about our fish, or other, and get any suggestions and info on any of the fish I have mentioned.

If you would like to send a lengthy reply or something heavily opinionated, i'm welcome to it, but may rather send as a PM.

Well, thanks and hope to meet you all eventually!

New from Cape Coral, Fl 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 1:32 pm

Jesus Joe you weren't kidding when you said an assortment of fish!
Figure out who you want to keep and who can go and we can help get your stocking and compatibility to where it should be.
Anyhow glad to see that you finally wandered over to the dark side lol!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 1:39 pm

Welcome!Glad to have you here!Post some pics when you can and enjoy!
welcome hi New from Cape Coral, Fl 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 1:59 pm

Very nice! Welcome Joe to the box! im so glad to have another FL member on the team!, we will be having a small meeting on Nov. 6 in Lehigh Acres, FL. If you are interested please come on in!..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 2:24 pm

Welcome Joe! I thought I was bad at mixing different fish. lol! You me beat!
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 2:43 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
goodpick
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
goodpick

Favorite Fish: : Just love fish

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 3:26 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 5:39 pm

Thanks everyone!

@ FishVixen... lol... please keep in mind, I wouldn't normally do such a thing, but i've had prior experience mixing most of them before, and the others, such as the leoporinus, are just a short term trial... i've heard them to be fin pickers and even eat other fish as they grow. I'll post about them in Aggressive Fish.

Sad because I think they are probably the most attractive fish in that tank right now... but they might have to go pretty soon.. Maybe I can get my 90g up and running for them if my financial situation picks up... lol

As for the pacus, i've raised them many times as babies with smaller community fish, and have never seen them eat any of them, even at 12"-15". Although I have heard of 2 footers eating large cichlids!

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 6:13 am

I totally agree with joe, i had a 12" pacu for almost 2 years and kept it with barbs and mickey plattys and never had a problem, that depends of how you train your pacu from the beginning...
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 8:59 am

welcome2 to Pirates
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 9:35 am

welcome2

We have many Florida memebrs and it sounds like you will fit in well here.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 10:10 am

Me and Joe go back a bit..... Most of my tanks are from him lol!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 10:56 am

Yes it is nice to have you here..
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 11:01 am

Thanks everyone :)
Back to top Go down
OldTanks
USA Fishbox Sponsor
OldTanks

Favorite Fish: : http://photobucket.com/oldtanks

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard!   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 11:16 am

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, Feel free to post your questions to the forums, and photos to the gallery.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 11:23 am

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 11:56 am

Welcome, Joe! welcome That's a great mix of fish you have there.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 1:56 pm

welcome!!!!
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 6:32 pm

thanks guys... that was just thrown together quickly when they were all small, now that they are growing I am in the works of setting up another 4-5 tanks to properly seperate everyone, aside from other new stuff.... chin

so far it seems like this is what's happening...

10g - fry tank (one xmas fulu holding already)
10g - tiny puffers, bumblebee gobys, long fin corys
29g - convicts, 2 pairs someone gave me, 3 bronze corys
40g breeder - group of 5-8 german blue rams, 5 bronze corys
65g tall - community tank, most barbs, tetras, loaches, and other small community fish mentioned in initial post
75g - 1.13 christmas fulus, 2 synodontis eupterus
90g - empty...???
125g - 3 pacus, 6 large tinfoil barbs, 3 leoporinus fasciatus, 2 abramites, dinosaur bichir, white lobster, anything else big from initial posting

and still have plans to bring in a 20g high and two 20g longs just in case.. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 6:46 pm

Hmmmm 90g.....Cough sp44 cough cough lol!
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 7:01 pm

lol.. catching a cold???!!! jk lol

i was by your area today and wanted to stop by for the filter and dirt but didn't have time...

do the sp44's need more room than the fulus and/or the ruby greens? remember I want them too yes

I already got that 29g for you with metal stand.. it's the matal stand with the curvy stuff for front legs, but no problem with a 29g..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime11/11/2010, 7:04 pm

You can put them in the 90g with another breeding fish, like an mbuna or something. They mix well with other semi aggressive fish.
lol! Don't worry they are yours lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Cape Coral, Fl   New from Cape Coral, Fl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New from Cape Coral, Fl
Page 1 of 1