UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
wildbeanerz
alan j t
JACK D
whisper
pillierox1
Shaysfishys
CajunGator
BFinley
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 1:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

My big red turquoise (F) (Tiger) and my blue diamond (M) (scarface) are spawning OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 265353 OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 265353 OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 265353 OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 265353
Pics and a video coming up in a bit!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:03 am

Updates, We want updates! D#&n it! and more pics. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 12:35 pm

Looks like they are all still there! They are still mouthing and fanning them! There are a few eggs that are going bad, if they remove them I will be very impressed!
With the great level of care they are showing this spawn I think I need to start figuring out where to squeeze in another tank to put the pair in. Either a 29g or something in that range is what I'm thinking will be good for them.

Oh and the PH is 7 and I really didn't do anything special, I just took good care of them and fed them very well....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 12:55 pm

We know you take good care of all your fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 3:31 pm

I try to take very good care of all of my little critters, even the ones with 2 legs lol!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 5:58 pm

Lol nice now I know where u can put them at !! Lol im glad that there doing so well for u
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 7:15 pm

CONGRATS FERN good luch and yes we want pics
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 6:11 am

worthlesswopic YEs! very nice fern.., that was quick! good job!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 9:07 am

And they are nearly all bad, I guess the male didnt do his job...... oh well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 2:26 pm

They my be just young yet give them time. Sometimes they will lay infertile eggs there first few attempts sometimes up to 4 to 6 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 2:44 pm

And now all the eggs are gone. Ya I know breeding them can be a pain. Thats why I'm not gonna put them in their own tank till they have a good batch.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 3:19 pm

Don't get discouraged, most eventually get it right. If you got them to spawn the first time it just gets easier from there!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 3:55 pm

I'm defiantly not discouraged, I just got them to be the 'pretty fish' in a show tank, I was very surprised that they did spawn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 8:38 pm

Could GH be the reason they went bad? The tank is reading at 8GH
And its looking like they are fixing to spawn again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 9:16 am

Ok in some of the reading I have done they have said that you cant have adults with young or it will stunt their growth?
Is this true? Should I move the pair? I have some smaller guys in there and I sure don't want them to get stunted!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 9:32 am

Oh and the tank options for the pair are; 45g tall, 29g and a 40g breeder if I can find somewhere to put it.
So what tank sounds best for them?
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 9:43 am

Had my pairs in 25g & 29g (favorite size of tank for breeding/growout), the lady where I got them had them in 25g to 55's as pairs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 10:18 am

Would a bigger tank be easier?

And will adults spawning in a tank with juvys stunt the juvys growth?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 10:48 am

ya you can go with smaller tanks for breeding.
personally i dont like em. the discus breeders want you to change water daily and sometinmes im not in the mood.
so i went with a 40b. more room for stuff like that, cleaner water longer plus if i do get wrigglers and they grow up i dont have to move the juvies later on, just the parents.

its not a fact putting adults with juvies and stunting there growth, but a myth, so maybe?
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 10:57 am

Fern wrote:
Would a bigger tank be easier?

And will adults spawning in a tank with juvys stunt the juvys growth?

No fish spawning will not stunt other fish in the tank. Yes a pair can cause extra stress on takemates and stress can cause health problems.

I don't want to offend you but a few of your fish are already stunted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 11:07 am

Ok so I don't have to move the pair right away, good!
I know Tiny Tim is stunted hence his name, he is pretty much a little defective guy..... But he is cute to me OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 393849 No offense taken, I know some are defectives and should have been culled. Even the guy I got them from said he should have culled some of them. I got them originally to be pretty fish in a show tank but they have turned out to be much more in my eyes.
Do you guys think that Tiger and Scarface could make some nice fry? I think I will only focus on them in attempt's to breed..... Unless another pair is made and yall think they could make some nice fry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 4:39 pm

Ok so they now decided to spawn on the aquaclear 70 intake..... but they seem to be getting a lot of eggs on the sponge over the intake! Do I turn the filter off? I have a 110 running as well so it will still have a decent amount of filtration.
OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 DSCN3708
I think I'm just going to turn it off till I get an answer....... I really want to know if this is a good pair and I'm guessing the flow wont help at all......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 6:44 pm

And now all of the eggs on the sponge are gone, I didn't see who ate them though.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 9:19 pm

hey fern,
let them try in a nice quiet spot in the tank with the other fish, it will boost there parental instincts and stuff. see if your water is soft enough so the eggs could hatch. just to make sure you dont have to females laying eggs or a dud male.
then if its worth it go try your hand with them in a breeder box..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 7:33 am

The GH is 8 I called the guy I got them from and he said that shouldn't be an issue, he has had them spawn in a GH of 10 successfully. Scarface may not be doing his job but he is excellent at protecting the eggs and Tiger is cleaning and fanning away at them. They only ate the eggs that were on the sponge not the tube. I'm guessing they didn't think those eggs would work so they ate them?
The tubes are different and theres only eggs coming out of Tiger so I'm pretty sure its a proper pair.
They are young and this spawn is only their 2nd one so I will give them time. I wont move them to their own tank till they have some successful wigglers. No sense moving a pair that's not doing it right yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 4:58 pm

And more eggs.... But now after Scaface and Tiger have spawned Orange Soda is ready to go and she is trying to get Scarface to spawn with her and getting her butt kicked!
I just fed them so hopefully she can lay her eggs and not be beat up in the process. I guess I need to move the pair out asap?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 5:49 pm

wow ur guys are breeding like crazy, mine has not done anything but beg. 2 are close to 4 inches, 3rd one is coming up close as well. they need a bigger tank tho but im waiting for my 100 to work out its problems. ill transfer my fish to it in a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next