UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Heater time already???

Go down 
+5
Incaico
KMX
istrober
Shaysfishys
CajunGator
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Heater time already??? Empty
PostSubject: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 10:14 pm

Wellmy fish roomtemp dropped my tanksdown to 74 which they are normally 80. Got down to 48 this morning outside So I guess it's time to put the heaters back into all my tanks. Wow

Have you put yous back in yet?????

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/4/2010, 10:29 pm

Yep, only a very short time this year did I not have them going, we really didn't get alot of "summer heat" for any legnth of time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 4:53 am

All mine are running along with space heaters. It got cold here in Va quickly.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 6:14 am

i always have mine cuz i put the ac too cold in the house so i like to keep the water warm..!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 7:54 am

No heaters here...I don't trust them. Heater time already??? 196631

Good luck and may your heaters work! Heater time already??? 772341
Back to top Go down
Incaico
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Fronts

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 8:18 am

my temp water is a lot of my tanks are around 74. I'm like Kory....don't trust them. It has been rather cool here in Dallas the last few nights and I'll turn the house heater on before I turn on the tank heaters, except for my reef tank.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 8:28 am

I have a floating thermometer on vats outside.
One has cichlids I am growing out and the other Albino Bristlenose Plecos.
The thermometer reads 58 Deg. F lol! Fed the VATs this morning with flakes and the cichlids do what they usually do. Go to the top and feast on the flakes. They acclimated well, but soon I will have to get them out I can't take a chance for the temp inside the tank to drop to 40. Igot Albino Cobues and BB slims and galireya reef in there.

No heaters yet here...Only my Fancy Plecos gets heaters...

Last edited by khrister on 10/5/2010, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 9:05 am

The "good deal" heaters cuz' I bought a large air pump, they for the most part suck worked great for the first couple of years then they went crazy!! Now I know why LOL they needed to move them. Either way too hot even for the frillys or won't get over 74F. So only have a few brands I use that have been great over the years.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 9:19 am

I use a space heater. Roll it out on wheels and plug it in next to the tanks. Warms up the one room pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 10:03 am

When I start shutting the windows the ole' humidifier gets plugged in that keeps the few unheated tanks right at 74, for me to actually plug in the space heater as I hate base boards the rest of the house prays I get cold LOL otherwise suck it up and get a blanket
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 10:05 am

KMX wrote:
No heaters here...I don't trust them. Heater time already??? 196631

Good luck and may your heaters work! Heater time already??? 772341

Heater time already??? 858205

I lost a gorgeous lionfish to one. NEVER will I use them again.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 10:48 am

i think thats a matter of getting lucky, i had heaters since i started this hobby and never had any problem with them..
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 10:53 am

Luck indeed, but I am not willing to gamble with my fish anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 11:11 am

you must not have been in the hobby long not to have heater problems! lol!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 12:07 pm

Turned the dehumidifier on in fish room. Alternates two on tell off and so far keeping fishroom warm enough
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 1:03 pm

FishVixen wrote:
you must not have been in the hobby long not to have heater problems! lol!

Well, i've been enough time to test them out lol! , and you wanna know something better? all the heaters i have i bought them used! Heater time already??? 690297 so you can imagine how many times/hours those heater have been working, its just my opinion about heaters... Heater time already??? 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 1:09 pm

Some people have all the luck! lol!
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/5/2010, 8:58 pm

i keep mine in like it cold in the house
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/6/2010, 10:29 am

i had it just like that too but i started having ich problems so i decided to keep the water warm to prevent decease.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime10/6/2010, 4:27 pm

I have been using heaters for over 20 years now and never had a problem with them and keep them in my tanks year round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater time already???   Heater time already??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater time already???
Page 1 of 1