UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Tanks...Breeding set-up

Go down 
+2
pillierox1
Elrollo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

New Tanks...Breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 8:33 am

Ok I went out and bought 15-20 gallon long tanks yesterday. Also Came with 3 set of breeding angels, and 75 young (already at the pet store). $85 for the everything...my wife almost banned me from CL when she saw them ....but come on $85 for 15 tanks, would anyone here not jump at that? My Question is how large of an air pump should i get to run sponges in all tanks, I have limited power outlets in this room (2) so Airpump/sponge filter is the way to go for me. Looking for any recomendations, suggestions, testimonials....Any help for sizing up and where to purchase an airpump would be great.

I am using something like Fern's DIY mega stand...6' industrial steel stand. Plan on adding a few deeper thanks 20H/29 and a few smaller 10 gals fry tanks. But staying right around 20 tanks.

Thanks in Advanced
El
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 8:42 am

well i dont know wat u can do with the airpumps and all but iu can get strips tho with a backup unit so it wont kill ur outlets, so u hav more room to fit some more plug ins, and i would of died and gone to heaven if i got that many fish tanks and fish for 85. my bf wouldnt be happy but ull see a huge grin ear to ear lol. good luck on ur new fish tanks lol and tell her she can get watever she wants for 85 to keep her happy and she has hobbies right? tell her wouldnt if suck if i told u no to getting anything for ur hobby lol. it always works. i would do it to my bf but he doesnt really hav a hobby except games and they dont take that much space.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 8:44 am

http://www.usafishbox.org/diy-do-it-yourself-projects-f11/diy-pvc-air-manifold-fish-room-t3100-12.htm

watch th video. I have 1 pump. Costing me 5-10$ a month inelectro to run it. THE ONLY way to go if you are doing multiple tanks.

sponge filters you can get from Kensfish.com $4-5$ each. Tell him Kory sent you from USAfishbox
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:16 am

Thanks KMX...whats size airpump is that...I am pretty handy and pvc manifold looks fairly uncomplicated:) Thanks for the info on electric cost/use also a factor. Did you have to upgrade your breakers by chance or does a normal 15/20amp work for your whole fish room?

I checked out JEHMCO.com was looking at the DAPHH30 model air pump(since it is on sale) ...will this be enough? Ill get up with kens definitley the best price around on sponge filters. And do you use diffusers on you airline/sponge filters or just run the airline straight thru?

She really was pretty cool about all the tanks and the shelving. Plus it really got me motivated to clean up and clear out stuff that was sitting since we moved in April. And there was a gift certificate for a 2 hour massage at her favorite salon waiting for her..Yeah she has me wrapped around her pinky but o well:)

Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:20 am

I have a Super Luft SL-65 by Coral Life that runs 21 tanks ranging in size from 10 - 55g as I have limited plug-ins in the diningroom/fishroom. Been using it for almost 5 years now, its quiet considering its all but in the livingroom.

It considerably reduced the electric bill with eliminating all the dual-air pumps or HOB's also found a great power strip at one of the "industrial supply" warehouse with 12 plug-ins, have had it for 5 years also (had nothing to do with my extra time LOL so expanded a little bit).

The only thing that I would like to do now is do pvc pipe with air gang ways and it would be perfect. The other is too find a pump similiar just a tad smaller to run the garage tanks that are getting reset up (1 - 45g, 2 - 35's, 4 - 29's, and some 20L's)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:26 am

No problem.

No I did not have to upgrade. It is a simple 3 plong plug in. quiet and pumps really good. I do my airlines straight threw to my sponge filters.

The one you said from jhemco is a good pump but I would go with some bigger and cheaper. That is to much for such a small pump. Mine will push 40+ and I paid $50. Be patience and dont make any fast exspensive buys that you will regret.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 10:27 am

Kens usually has better prices on the bigger air pumps also. I have a Dolphin/Won bros. AV-80. I love it. I am pushing only about 15 lines with it now, but it could probably handle about 40 easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 3:26 pm

I have 50ish sponges running with my pump at the moment, it could run 300 easy.

Is it the black rack that I made the wood shelves for? If so mine is starting to bend some and I'm gonna have to pull a tank from each shelve just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:49 pm

Yeah it was the black...looks like a gorilla rack? I figure i can put another support in the middle of each shelf..
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 6:09 am

KMX wrote:
http://www.usafishbox.org/diy-do-it-yourself-projects-f11/diy-pvc-air-manifold-fish-room-t3100-12.htm

watch th video. I have 1 pump. Costing me 5-10$ a month inelectro to run it. THE ONLY way to go if you are doing multiple tanks.

sponge filters you can get from Kensfish.com $4-5$ each. Tell him Kory sent you from USAfishbox

New Tanks...Breeding set-up 858205 that is a nice pump! New Tanks...Breeding set-up 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 9:25 am

Ya brace it in the center if you can, mine is bowing with 4 20g tanks on each shelf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tanks...Breeding set-up   New Tanks...Breeding set-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tanks...Breeding set-up
Page 1 of 1