UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...

Go down 
+10
BFinley
unknown
istrober
VAMPY
BLimon
proyect01
CajunGator
pillierox1
KMX
luvnandy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
luvnandy
Private
Private

Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...   Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions... - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a 30 gal. fish tank that is setup and water running. I can't decide what fish I like... I don't want anything to small, something easy to care b/c I'm new at this. And colorful.. for a freshwater tank. Can you offer any tips or websites. Pictures are great if you want you send me some.
Thanks
Hollie

Last edited by luvnandy on 8/9/2010, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...   Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions... - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 11:24 pm

If you decide to go with tetras I'm a personal fan of serpae's. They have beautiful coloring. They are a schooling fish though and I'd recommend at least 6 to keep them from getting nippy. They look amazing alongside lemon tetras and blushing white tetras which also do best in schools. They are also all very active fish. What type of decor do you have? Gravel and background colors can play a huge part in what fish would look best. Most tetras show the best color over natural or dark decor. There are also lots of great cory catfish for the bottom to provide activity. All of these fish would also mix well with dwarf frogs. Make sure they are the true aquatics though and are the dwarfs. African clawed frogs will get big and eat your fish.
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...   Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions... - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 11:56 pm

I kinda like dwarf gouramis, there are some cool color variations and I have grown to love mine. There are neon blues, pearls, blue paradise,opaline, blue, and gold to name a few. They were pretty skittish at first, but are now pretty cool to watch. Plus they are a good size and the males have awesome colors. They don't require too much room, but the tank should have plenty of plants and hiding spots. I I keep Dwarfs and Blues with albino corys, zebra danios, black lyretail mollies, and a couple ghost shrimp and I really enjoy them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...   Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi there fish people, I'm totally new and have questions...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2