UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Mixing Zebra Danio types

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Mixing Zebra Danio types Empty
PostSubject: Mixing Zebra Danio types   Mixing Zebra Danio types Icon_minitime6/12/2010, 1:43 pm

Ok, these guys are part of my mixed 'biochem' tank community from the classroom. I have two glopinks, three glogreens, two globlues, two white longfin and one normal. They are all very big and fat, so I suspect they've been secretly feeding everyone else in the tank community.

Now that they're home for the summer in the temporary ten gallon in the living room, I've been debating on controlling one of their spawns in a spare five gallon that I can set up.

I have suspicions on who's male/female (the glopinks and two glogreens I really feel look female) but have no idea on mating arrangements amongst them. Since I can't change their mates now that they've most likely already decided, what phenotypes might I expect from the possible matings?

Mixing Zebra Danio types 265353
Back to top Go down

Mixing Zebra Danio types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing Zebra Danio types   Mixing Zebra Danio types Icon_minitime6/12/2010, 3:15 pm

I do believe that glo fish are patented and theres some retarder rule that you have to turn over or kill any offspring.... just so you know.

Depending on what fish they were created from they could be pair or harem breeders, if they are pair you will see 2 that stay close and are in harmony with each other, thats your mated pair.
Judging by the body of them I would guess that they are egg scatterers, that means you will need java moss or a spawning mop, something for the eggs to land down in so the parents cant eat them. Once the deed is done remove the parents. wait for the fry to hatch and feed with finely crushed flake food. You will need a sponge filter in the tank for the fry.
Back to top Go down

Mixing Zebra Danio types
Page 1 of 1