UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Convict cichlid with possible show quality?

Go down 
+6
ricardorocks
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
BFinley
alkomist
Terry
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Empty
PostSubject: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:18 am

I am not one to keep a convict but this little guy cuaght my eye. Let me know what you guys think of him. One of the best I have seen in a long while.
With flash
Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Picture091
Tail and fin extensions
Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Picture092
No flash
Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Picture098
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:23 am

wow!!!!
looks awsome!!!!
was that the only 1 like that???
iti looks real ice without the stripes!!! although it can be from a poor blood line lol
but i say it looks better without em!! nice find!!!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:24 am

That was the only one in the tank. I am keeping him by his self so that there is no damage to those fins. I havent seen any bars yet but he is still small.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:26 am

That's one of the nicest Convict's I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:29 am

I seen it in person. Looks 10x's better
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:30 am

male or female?
or still too small?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 9:30 am

Its a male all the way.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 10:12 am

looking good. looks way better then the convicts i had back in the day lol.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime6/10/2010, 11:40 am

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
looking good. looks way better then the convicts i had back in the day lol.
Convict cichlid with possible show quality? 858205 and i had alot of them
Back to top Go down
Madness
Private
Private
Madness

Favorite Fish: : All New World Cichlids, especially my Hogaboomarums

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/23/2010, 8:04 pm

That fish you have is an HRP, (Honduran Red Point) it is related to the convict. There are several fish out there that are now Blue Convict Hybrids. They look like the black barred Convict but with a faint blue look. Yours is a sail fin HRP. I have 2 females just like that, and 2 females and 2 males are normal HRP's. I also have a Lusistic HRP, which is white with a red tint to her fins.

Her are a couple pics of mine.
.[img]Convict cichlid with possible show quality? 8-18-110[/img]

[img]Convict cichlid with possible show quality? 8-18-111[/img]

[img]Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Misc_p10[/img]

I noticed that you posted this back in June. How is the fish doing today?
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/23/2010, 9:09 pm

looks nice, one of my friend has one of those tho they are interesting fish.. good luck!!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/23/2010, 10:55 pm

Very Nice. would look good in any tank and/or stuffed on the wall/
Back to top Go down
sandnuka
Private First Class
Private First Class
sandnuka

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 12:40 am

I love long fin convicts... I had marble long fin male once that was just breathtaking.... I tried to breed him, but someone offered me too much $$$ for him so I sold the guy... wish I didnt before I got some babies first, cause I cant find another one around here!

I just got a pair of marbles that spawned for me! Unfortunely not long finned, but I am crossin my fingers one has the long fin gene so I find a baby or two with long fins!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 10:48 am

Well hes just an old beat up con now. Got mean with his old age.
Back to top Go down
sandnuka
Private First Class
Private First Class
sandnuka

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 1:41 pm

Well he/she has the long fin gene, I would buy a marble con and breed the two! make some of those "Show Quality" convicts.... I got a few females I would give you, but I dont do the shippin thing.... :( next time you are in seattle and want some free convicts give me a shout! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convict cichlid with possible show quality?   Convict cichlid with possible show quality? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convict cichlid with possible show quality?
Page 1 of 1