UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

whats up saltwater ppl

Go down 
+8
S&FW_FishyFriend
TX OUTLAW
irshmouse
R2 Ranch
tamu85 (Michael)
N-E CICHLIDS
KMX
chevy350
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

whats up saltwater ppl Empty
PostSubject: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 8:34 am

hello to all
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 8:55 am

i like the avator. Nice pic. Help me bring in the salt water people! whats up saltwater ppl 690297
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 9:09 am

ok i will do my BEST!
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/23/2009, 9:10 pm

nobody on here has a salt tank????
Back to top Go down
N-E CICHLIDS
USA Fishbox Sponsor
N-E CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/25/2009, 9:54 pm

Hello
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 9:47 am

what kind of tank u have
Back to top Go down
tamu85 (Michael)
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Clown

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 9:36 pm

I'm here now! I have a 90 gallon SW tank.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 9:48 pm

Nice ... Post some pics.
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 12:32 pm

Tamu 85 has a baaadddd @#$$#@@ tank. that was one of the nicer sw tanks ive ever seen. it was cool. Xenias are doing great. grow fast. how am i suppose to trim them down??
Back to top Go down
tamu85 (Michael)
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 11:13 am

If the xenia's get to the walls they are fairly easy to peel off the wall. If on rock I just take a knife and cut them at the base of the rock. What is nice or not so nice that a lot of times when I cut them out they just grow back from what I left on the rock. I am to a point that I am getting ready to have to start throwing them away. I got more than I need!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 11:31 am

Show us some pics. I like to look at saltwater but i like to play in the freshwater fishing
Back to top Go down
tamu85 (Michael)
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 1:11 pm

As requested I have uploaded some pics of my tank. What is cool about saltwater tanks is that they change all the time as things grow and you had corals and such. My tank now looks somewhat different from these pics so I will take more and add them... If there are any boys and girls that want to trade frags for frags I am interested. Right now I have xenia's, a colt coral frag and mushrooms available for trade. I am looking for corals soft or stoney that I don't have as well as live rock rubble. I use the live rock rubble to frag...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 1:33 pm

Cool . Post something up in the WTB area. You might score.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 3:49 pm

Love to see everyone playing together!! hi Welcome tamu85 (Michael)
Back to top Go down
tamu85 (Michael)
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 4:56 pm

Howdy R2!
Back to top Go down
irshmouse
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : All

PostSubject: Hi All   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 8:22 am

Hey everyone,

Where are the best lfs in DFW, I've found a few when I moved back home, but after a few months they're either lacking in stock, or extremely expensive.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:46 am

Expensive is most LFS. I would check out N-E-Cichlids stock. If you find anything there mabey we can put a group by together. He will hook us up. I knew a guy that had pretty good prices for being a store but he closed down last month.
Back to top Go down
tamu85 (Michael)
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/7/2009, 9:30 am

I like Dallas North Aquarium which is in Carrollton Area - 190 and Trinity Mills / Also good is Exotic Aquatics - Custer and Parker in Plano
Back to top Go down
TX OUTLAW
Private
Private
TX OUTLAW

Favorite Fish: : A good looking mermaid.Hey,its half fish!

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 9:20 pm

Whats going on y'all?Add another to the list.i have a 125g FWLR tank.im about to order a little 13g nano style reef tank.i was thinking of starting a thread on the setup and maintenance to it.and to show its not that hard to do for those that dont know.i should be getting it next week.i'll post some pics when it comes in.later
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime8/31/2009, 12:19 pm

HI! I am just starting up a 25 gallon Saltwater tank... Right now I have water and substrate and am about to add the live rock... Then comes the fun part- waiting! LOL I look forward to adding fish... I want to add a Mandarin Dragonnet (Synchiropus splendidus) a clown (Amphiprion ocellaris) and some various others, as yet to be determined... I probably will not go with a reef tank. Has anyone else heard of keeping clowns without anemones? I read that a mated pair, now 30 years old, have been kept without an anemone for a while now...
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime9/3/2009, 8:26 pm

salty dog here! 47 gal reef soft/LPS tank
Back to top Go down
jk
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime9/4/2009, 6:59 pm

Hey Fishy Friend, I would not recommend keeping a mandarin in a 25 gallon tank.. They need pods to survive and that size tank will not be able to support them. Yes you can keep clowns w/o an anemone and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime9/4/2009, 10:19 pm

The mandarin would be pushing it alot. IF you just had to have one(we go against the grain sometimes lol) Id say get a spotted, they are easier to train to eat frozen foods, and be sure to as your LFS to feed it so you can see if it takes it if it does, you may be ok with substitute foods if not like I said you can try to train it, ya hae about a 50/50 chance with a spotted, the "green" is much more finicky, mine wont even eat live brine. but my spotted eats like a dog, clows are fuine W/O anems. I have 3 false percs one has made my trach and lobo his fav spot, one likes my powerhead and the other has made a small indention in the sand and hangs out there, they all swim around but they have all laid their own claims. ask you LFS to feed them before you buy, this will let you know if they have worms and are fairly healthy. if the have whitish stringy poop, most likely worms
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime9/6/2009, 1:22 am

tamu85 (Michael) wrote:
If the xenia's get to the walls they are fairly easy to peel off the wall. If on rock I just take a knife and cut them at the base of the rock. What is nice or not so nice that a lot of times when I cut them out they just grow back from what I left on the rock. I am to a point that I am getting ready to have to start throwing them away. I got more than I need!

dont throw them away!! can ya ship me some? let me know we can work something out
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 10:08 pm

My saltwater tank is up and running (for about a month or so now...) and I finally have fish in it- 2 Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus), 4 blue-legged hermit crabs (Clibanarius tricolor) and 2 Astraea Snails (Astraea tecta). I'm so excited! I've been checking water quality and salinity like a mad-man to get ready for these guys.... Yay! good My clowns are eagerly eating freeze-dried brine shrimp and I can't wait to get some decent pics... banana dance

I'm going to probably use my other 65 gallon tank for an additional saltwater tank and maybe one day have a Mandarin Dragonet (Synchiropus splendidus) in that... One day... ... ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats up saltwater ppl
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next