UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

whats up saltwater ppl

Go down 
+8
S&FW_FishyFriend
TX OUTLAW
irshmouse
R2 Ranch
tamu85 (Michael)
N-E CICHLIDS
KMX
chevy350
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 8:34 am

First topic message reminder :

hello to all
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 10:08 pm

My saltwater tank is up and running (for about a month or so now...) and I finally have fish in it- 2 Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus), 4 blue-legged hermit crabs (Clibanarius tricolor) and 2 Astraea Snails (Astraea tecta). I'm so excited! I've been checking water quality and salinity like a mad-man to get ready for these guys.... Yay! good My clowns are eagerly eating freeze-dried brine shrimp and I can't wait to get some decent pics... banana dance

I'm going to probably use my other 65 gallon tank for an additional saltwater tank and maybe one day have a Mandarin Dragonet (Synchiropus splendidus) in that... One day... ... ...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 9:01 am

Thats your normal LFS.
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 11:24 am

not much talk in here
??? im thinking about making my 135 salt soon. that would be awsome
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 7:10 pm

whats up salty peeps! hey chevy350! we already know how salt gets down lol!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2009, 5:03 pm

My 24 cube is too stocked for anything else so after 2 weeks of cycling, my 55 is ready.
Here's what I got for it. They seem to be getting along for now.
4" Niger Trigger
4" Bicolor Angel
3" Huma Huma Trigger
1 medium size Purple Condylactis Anemone
Nothing fancy, just 50.lbs of crush coral. Three 5.lb rocks(Fiji). protein skimmer(CPR). 2x150watt PC w/ 2x130watt actinic. Reef Crystal salt.

whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Picture108
whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Picture111
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2009, 9:44 pm

nitty wrote:
My 24 cube is too stocked for anything else so after 2 weeks of cycling, my 55 is ready.
4" Niger Trigger
4" Bicolor Angel
3" Huma Huma Trigger
Nothing fancy, just 50.lbs of crush coral. Three 5.lb rocks(Fiji). protein skimmer(CPR). 2x150watt PC w/ 2x130watt actinic. Reef Crystal salt.

your gonna need a bigger tank lol
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2009, 9:48 pm

juice28 wrote:
nitty wrote:
4" Niger Trigger
4" Bicolor Angel
3" Huma Huma Trigger

your gonna need a bigger tank lol

Not for while. Maybe in the next year and a half or so. The triggers grow pretty slow.
Back to top Go down
H_Boy-doe
Private
Private
H_Boy-doe

Favorite Fish: : I like them all.

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/24/2009, 9:02 am

Nice pictures guys. IM a saltwater person. What is the best store here in the metroplex?
Back to top Go down
H_Boy-doe
Private
Private
H_Boy-doe

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/24/2009, 9:13 am

IM in the Allen, Mckinney area all the time my girlfriends parents live up that way. Any good reef stores that way?
Back to top Go down
H_Boy-doe
Private
Private
H_Boy-doe

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/26/2009, 9:00 am

H_Boy-doe wrote:
IM in the Allen, Mckinney area all the time my girlfriends parents live up that way. Any good reef stores that way?

None?
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/26/2009, 10:25 pm

I've heard that the True Percula is a good one in Arlington... Personally I've never been, but I like to go to the Hurst Petco when Dennis or Ben are there... or even Kutter... they've got a nice variety and those guys are very knowledgable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/6/2009, 3:04 pm

couldnt tell you about tx area (only been to 2 there and the personell were rude), but in oklahoma wet pets by steve, and i am venturing to take a trip into crystal clear aquatics. there is a store here in ardmore but i no longer trust the guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats up saltwater ppl   whats up saltwater ppl - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats up saltwater ppl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2