UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Type of Glass??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

Type of Glass?? Empty
PostSubject: Type of Glass??   Type of Glass?? Icon_minitime8/21/2009, 12:59 pm

I am considering building an aquarium. My question is: What type of glass would be best suited for this? I'm not asking about thickness yet, just type i.e. safety, tempered, standard, etc... I know the thickness will depend upon the size of the tank (which is still undetermined). Last time I built a tank, the guy at the glass shop was also an aquarist, so automatically ordered the most suitable type. Never got the info on the glass, as I just let him order what he was familiar with.

Also, if anybody knows a reputable glass supplier in the Dallas area, that information would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Type of Glass?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Glass??   Type of Glass?? Icon_minitime8/21/2009, 1:10 pm

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/aquariumdiy/l/blcustomtank.htm

This might help. Let me see pics if you do anything Type of Glass?? 772341
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

Type of Glass?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Glass??   Type of Glass?? Icon_minitime8/21/2009, 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info. It will come in handy.

Pictures of the process will certainly be posted, should the project come to fruition. I'm just speculating at the moment, but, as an engineer, I tend to make sure I have all my ducks in a row prior to beginning any project.
Back to top Go down

Type of Glass?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Glass??   Type of Glass?? Icon_minitime8/21/2009, 3:13 pm

If you have kids avoid tempered glass. I don't really have the time to go into the why right now. But with you being an engineer look up how its made and I think you will understand why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Type of Glass?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Glass??   Type of Glass?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type of Glass??
Page 1 of 1