UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

what else can i make my tank look better!!

Go down 
+4
sal
Holey Rock of Texas
alkomist
pillierox1
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

what else can i make my tank look better!! Empty
PostSubject: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 9:35 am

what else can i make my tank look better!! Fish_012
what else can i make my tank look better!! Fish_013
what else can i make my tank look better!! Fish_014

what can i do to make it look better and all.
thx
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 9:45 am

some more live plants!!!!
and drift wood!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 9:53 am

Take the plants out of the pots and put them in the gravel. Also take the lead sinkers off the bundle plants and plant them individually about the tank. A nice bit of drift wood with some java moss and java fern tied on would look good as well.

Personally I would change the gravel out for sand. Silica pool filter sand works the best and is the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:21 am

okay will do that, where do i get the silica pool filter sand?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:22 am

it looks great already.

i would remove the barcode. also more plants would help.

Last edited by Holey Rock of Texas on 4/23/2010, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:23 am

Picture #1- Maybe if you replaced the yellow cup with the bottle of Jack Daniels and decorated with Coke cans it would be a nice start. crazy lol!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:26 am

lol hey i do hav a jack daniels that hasnt been opened, and i can put some beer cans instead coke cans. we dont drink pop, its unhealthy and we only eat chicken and veges, fruit
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:27 am

would i be able to keep my rocks on the bottom then put sand on top?
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:29 am

a piece of driftwood would make the tank look 10 times better
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:34 am

will def get some but where should i go? the places here r petco, petsmart and a little shop but they dont always hav some. cry
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:38 am

HOME DEPOT!!!!!!!! has 50 pounds of silica sand for 5$$$
SUPER CHEAP!!!
that wat i use!! and it worx great! the fish love it!
as for drift wood!
get some tree branches or somthin (make sure its dead) then boil it!
after it boils for a cpl hours it shud sink!!!
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:41 am

pillierox1 wrote:
would i be able to keep my rocks on the bottom then put sand on top?
You can I guess but the silica pool filter sand is only $10 for 50lbs. It would change the entire look of the tank. ONCE YOU GO SAND---THE GRAVEL IS BAND.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:48 am

oh okay thats really cheap okey def do that but where should i go to get the sand, lowels or home depot?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:50 am

HOME DEPOT FOR SURE HAS 50Lbs for 5$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:54 am

i want some of that Jack Daniels thats in the background!!! lol
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:54 am

pool filter sand is only $6 for 50 lbs at home depot. just fill a bucket half way up and then stick a hose in it. make sure u get it good and clean before you but it in your tank.
black sand would also look alot better!!!!

holey rock of texas, sells it for $1lb
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 10:58 am

ya some holy rock with sand would look great. then invite me over to have a shot. J/K. looking goot though. good start
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 11:25 am

what else can i make my tank look better!! Fish_110

theres ur jack daniels and my tank.
okay black would be better since it'll look better, okay gettin my list out.
okay,
holy rock from holeyrockoftx
pool filter sand(black) from home depot
more plants, take plants out pots and the weights(porb do that wen i get sand)
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 1:08 pm

they dont have black pool filter sand at home depot. i was saying
holeyrockoftexas has it for $1 a lb.
if u can find a place that sells sand blasting sand you could get that in black. thats what i got in my tank and it looks great. but i bought it from another member.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 2:05 pm

crystal sands is the brand of sand I use, Some people have found it in a tan color, I have only found white here is some in a 30g tankwhat else can i make my tank look better!! DSCN2236
If you scatter some random gravel and stuff about on it it will help break up the whiteness of it and improve the look of it.
I would pull out most of the gravel, leaving some is fine. You can use a clean coffee cup to scoop it out of the tank and leaving the fish in is fine. One 50lb bag of sand is all that you will need for your tank. Just 1/2 fill a bucket and turn the hose on and poke it around in the bucket till the water runs clear. Then turn your filter off and use the coffee cup to scoop it into the tank, once it settles turn the filter back on.

I will do a library entry tonight on how to make your own 'drift wood' If I don't get it done tonight keep bugging me till I do lol! Its very easy and virtually free to do.
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 2:17 pm

O.K. I got my pool filter sand at a Lesly's Pool Supply maybe thats why it was $10 a bag. I recomend you do this when you are ready to do a cartridge change. You will have a little cloudiness, I let my filter finish the job and replace the cartridge a few days later.
Good luck and take some more pix when you are done. (THE BOTTLE LOOKS GOOD TOO)
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 3:36 pm

okay ill do it sometime wen i hav time to do anything. hopefully this weekend, but if not my next pay check. so it will take awhile to do get it done.
would luv to know how to know how to make my own drift wood, the only place that always has it petsmart and im never goin there again.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 3:49 pm

i know a bunch of people who use drift wood from the creek or pond or what not. you have to clean it up first but it is an option. also any pet store will sell it.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 3:58 pm

sal wrote:
O.K. I got my pool filter sand at a Lesly's Pool Supply maybe thats why it was $10 a bag.

leslie pool fitler sand is the best to me, Not really dirty at all. So one good rinsing is all it takes. And its only 6 dollars for a 50# bag in louisiana. Not to criticize because everyone has there own taste, but i would loose the roman decorations, and go for a more natural look. They tank is nice though.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 4:08 pm

thx will do wat i can. it will hav more fish in it but im im worried somethin else is goin to happen, and i will prob get more fish once my male balloon molly is better. once hes better it will be stock more and much nicer. i will do a dift wood in it too, where should i put the drift wood? i was thinking in the middle since it has nothin there. im goin to move the big colloseum back further and put a whole bunch of plants in front and leave an entrance to it, so it will be like a hage cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what else can i make my tank look better!!   what else can i make my tank look better!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what else can i make my tank look better!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next